New Survey123 update resulted in not seeing camera buttons

12-03-2018 12:55 PM
Peters_Amy
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to take a photo inside Survey123 Version 3.1.158 in the mobile app but the top and bottom of the screen are black and so are the take photo button and back button so they are no longer visible!!  This is occurring on both iOS and Android.Philip WilsonJames Tedrick  Is there a way I can fix this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Philip,

I'm back with another detail about the camera issue.

Once we submit the inspection, the field crew needs to see the images from previous repeats so they can see the difference, we don't want to edit the images. How can we get the images to stay with the survey in the inbox? Right now everything disappears.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

Yes, that is correct, what you are seeing is expected. As we do not support editing images in the Inbox for existing records, you also can not view the previously collected images either. When you refresh the Inbox, the images are not downloaded from the server onto the device. Once we support editing of attachments, the images will also be viewable for previously collected records, even if not editing.

Phil.

0 Kudos
CatherineHall678
New Contributor II

I thought I was having the same issue "not seeing the camera button". But then I realized it may be because I am working on my desktop PC that does not have a camera. I move to a laptop that has a camera and sure enough, the camera button is back. I though I'd share my epiphany.

0 Kudos