New numbering/unique ID for each row on summary report template

Jump to solution
01-11-2022 12:29 AM
BenBlowers2
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am creating a very simple summary report for all my photos. I would like each row in the summary to have a new number, "1", "2", "3".. etc...

I cannot use objectid, as this numbering system is sequential and wont ever start at 1, 2, 3 etc.

Is it possible to have a new unique numbering system for summary rows within a report template?

Thanks,

Ben

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

@BenBlowers2 wrote:

Hi all,

I am creating a very simple summary report for all my photos. I would like each row in the summary to have a new number, "1", "2", "3".. etc...

I cannot use objectid, as this numbering system is sequential and wont ever start at 1, 2, 3 etc.

Is it possible to have a new unique numbering system for summary rows within a report template?

Thanks,

Ben

Agree with Katherine's post. 

You could calculate the integer field with something like position(..) if you're using a repeat.  It will auto-increment based on the repeat record, but it will not watch out for duplicates (for example, if you have 12 entries and delete #8 and then add a new record, you'll have two #12s). 

edit: actually, it looks like you can access the position of a record in a report now without having to store it as a field.  

${#defects}
${$feature | getValue: "position"}
${/}

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/analyze-results/featurereporttemplates.htm

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

I'm not familiar with a way to generate this automatically with the summary report, but one thing you could do is add an integer field/column to the feature layer and generate the numbers through a field calculation before generating your reports. 

This support article on How To: Sort and create a sequentially ordered ID field in an attribute table in ArcGIS Pro might help to get you started. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

@BenBlowers2 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ben

Agree with Katherine's post. 

You could calculate the integer field with something like position(..) if you're using a repeat.  It will auto-increment based on the repeat record, but it will not watch out for duplicates (for example, if you have 12 entries and delete #8 and then add a new record, you'll have two #12s). 

edit: actually, it looks like you can access the position of a record in a report now without having to store it as a field.  

${#defects}
${$feature | getValue: "position"}
${/}

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/analyze-results/featurereporttemplates.htm