Select to view content in your preferred language

Need help getting location sharing to show up in Survey123 app

13 hours ago
LS-SD
by
New Contributor II

I have a mobile user account/license, logging into AGOL with the Survey123 app.  My app is up to date and I have location sharing enabled on my iPhone for the app. My administrator has configured location sharing according to this document: Deploy a Location Sharing Solution with Survey123 (esri.com); however, I do not see the option in Survey123 app to enable location sharing. I do not see the squiggly line icon in the upper left corner. No data exists in in the tracks, last known location or track lines. Can anyone help identify what the issue is? Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

A worthwhile question to start - are you able to use location sharing in other apps? (eg: Field Maps or QuickCapture) This would help confirm if you have the tracking layer set up in your org as needed. 

The Deploy a Location Sharing Solution with Survey123 document spends a lot of time on setting up the tracking layer in your org, and I have found that the last (critical) step can be easily missed. An org administrator does also need to enable (or require) location sharing in the Survey123 website:

MarikaVertzonis_0-1724197876026.png

Once this is done, when you sign into the Survey123 field app, you should see the 'squiggly line' icon. 

0 Kudos
LS-SD
by
New Contributor II

Hi, this is the first app that we are using location sharing with.  My admin stated that he enabled sharing for Survey123 but now that I looked at his screenshot I see the problem. He enabled for Portal and we are testing on AGOL. Thank you for causing me to take another look at this! 

0 Kudos