Multiple Photos in Survey123

Jump to solution
09-16-2015 08:28 AM
TonyStrothers
New Contributor III

Hello,

We are wanting to use Survey123 for a field inspection form and we were wondering if Survey123 can be set to take multiple pictures without having to set each picture as its own field. Either one picture or 12 pictures. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, how is it done?

Thanks!

Tony

42 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Josh,

When in a repeat, access is a bit difficult because they are actually attached to the related record, not the feature itself. For downloading the attachments, take a look at Working with your Survey123 Photos

0 Kudos
TonyStephens1
New Contributor

I too would like to add my voice to getting the repeat photos, stored as attachments rather than in a table, built in to the product. Thanks, and keep up the good work ESRI.

JoshHarris2
New Contributor II

Hi Ismael, is there any update on this?

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Josh. Unfortunately not. We have not made any progress with this. Still in our back-log.

zkovacs
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Ismael,

Is there an idea for the functionality on ArcGIS Ideas we could use to promote the priority of this in your backlog? (I did a cursory search but couldn't find anything.) I know quite a lot of people in and outside of my organisation who would love to get this implemented sooner than later.

Thanks,

Zoltan

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zoltan,

While we have noted the discussion in this issue, you are correct that an Idea has not been filed.  It would be helpful if you could file to provide another mechanism for us to quickly identify the demand for this.

0 Kudos
zkovacs

Hi James,

No problem, I have added the idea under

https://community.esri.com/ideas/16060 .

May I ask everyone in this thread to promote the idea if they think it would be beneficial for their workflow? Many thanks!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To avoid the related tables, is multiple image questions still the best option?

0 Kudos
zkovacs

I'm afraid, yes. The idea above in the thread is "under consideration" so hopefully this comes in a future release.

0 Kudos
KPD_DAINIUS_FRISMANTAS
New Contributor II

Can I do that in web Survey123?

0 Kudos