Multiple editors of a Survey?

05-01-2019 07:50 AM
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

I am constantly having to "Change Owner" of my survey items to allow my team to make edits to various surveys in Survey 123. I have even had to elevate the privilege of one of my employees to perform this function in the event I am not available. The only workaround I can see is creating a separate named user to manage/create/edit every survey. I think this functionality, or lack there of, is a shortcoming of Survey 123. Are there any plans to add this functionality.

8 Replies
AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

+1 for the idea.  I wish group managers are allowed to update the survey beside the survey owners. 

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Devin, Ahjung,

Just to check, would the current method that ArcGIS Online supports multiple authors (a special group that allows members to revise content) work for you to provide this capability?  We are investigating what operations in the form creation process (form update, feature service update, view update) can and cannot be done.

0 Kudos
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

Absolutely. Everything for our projects goes into a group, but even within that group, despite its settings, only the owner can edit the survey.

AhjungKim4
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James, thanks for looking into it. I have tried the group setting with a survey authored with Connect and it did not work.  The survey appeared in Connect and available for download only to the owner. 

NathanWarmerdam
New Contributor III

Hi James and @Ismael ,

Two years on from this, is there a story regarding multiple editors of a survey?  Does the Shared Update Group actually work? Both Devin and Ahjung report that it does not.  Are there any plans?

Thanks,

Nathan

TexasMike
New Contributor III

+1 this idea

TanyaVanderVis
New Contributor

This would be a great addition to Survey123, is there any update on this?

0 Kudos
HeatherHawkins
New Contributor

Any changes yet??

0 Kudos