MS Power Automate not showing dynamic content fields for survey123

Jump to solution
08-17-2020 04:33 AM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I have created a flow using MS Power Automate. It pulls the information from a survey in Survey123 when a response is submitted. It then populates a SharePoint list. The dynamic content was visible in power automate when I initially set up the flow. Everything worked like its supposed to.

I realized I needed to capture additional so I added some fields in the SharePoint List to capture additional information from the survey. However when I went to edit the flow and add the additional fields nothing was showing up in the dynamic content. I double checked to make sure I was logged into Survey123 in Power Automate, I restarted power automate after signing in and out of Survey123. I restarted SharePoint, and still no dynamic content fields from my survey.

Here is a picture of what I am experiencing

As you can see the survey fields are not populating in the dynamic content. How do I rectify this disconnect between the Survey123 and MS power Automate? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottBrown1
New Contributor III

I have had similar reoccurring issues.  Try logging into Power Automate, select Data from the menu, then Connections.  Go to Survey123, click on the "..." (More Commands) and select Switch Account. Log back in under the original account.  This should reconnect your Power Automate to Survey123 and display your dynamic content again.  It's worked for me several times, hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bryan,

This question deals more with Power Automate functionality - it may be more useful to look for a similar situation in that product's forums.  I haven't seen a similar occurrence in my use of Power Automate.

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck
New Contributor III

Hi James, 

I have several recently created surveys which do not have dynamic content available in Power Automate. Those same forms have the same issue in Integromat. I have been able to create test forms that don't have this issue. It seems about half of the new forms I create have this problem. I've been using Survey123 and Flow for years but have never run into this issue until recently. I've scoured the Power Automate forums but haven't been able to find anything helpful. Could this be related to recent Survey123 updates?

0 Kudos
ChrisShuck
New Contributor III

I filed a case with Esri customer care, and they were able to figure it out. In my case, the issue was that a couple of begin repeat and begin group fields did not have labels. Once the labels were added and the surveys republished,  I again had the ability to create Flows and use dynamic content. I had gotten into the habit of not adding labels to some repeats and groups with repeats. It flattens the repeat and saves space to not have them; it keeps each record on one screen without having to scroll down. That makes it easier to navigate between repeat records. While it is unfortunate that I can no longer do that, it's a small price to pay to have the ability to create Flows again. A big thank you to Katelyn at Esri Customer Care!

FrankMartin1
New Contributor III

I just wonder if anyone had found an answer to this issue.  I have the same problem with Flows that I previously created that now do not show the dynamic content.

0 Kudos
ScottBrown1
New Contributor III

I have had similar reoccurring issues.  Try logging into Power Automate, select Data from the menu, then Connections.  Go to Survey123, click on the "..." (More Commands) and select Switch Account. Log back in under the original account.  This should reconnect your Power Automate to Survey123 and display your dynamic content again.  It's worked for me several times, hope it helps! 

butterip
New Contributor

That worked for me too. Thanks!

I also noticed I had several connections to Survey123 listed. I deleted all but one to clean things up.

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

This worked for me!! Thank you so much for posting it.  I had taken to just creating new connectors if I need to change any of the dynamic fields...this saves me LOADS of time!!

0 Kudos
ClaudiaGIS
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, I am having a similar problem. In my case, my flow was working with no errors. And then suddenly 2 days ago I got an error. If I go to Survey123, the survey sent is stored in the table. And if I test by sending an old survey the email is sent ok. It's the new surveys that are having issues.

I am trying to create a new flow to solve this issue but I am not able to even see my surveys, it's like my account is not connected between Survey123 and Automate. Any help is welcome.

0 Kudos
ScottBrown1
New Contributor III

Try following my guidance above for reconnecting Survey123 to Power Automate. Hopefully this helps resolve finding your content. 

For the flow not working, check to see if it was turned off due to inactivity. I’ve received notifications for this in the past when the triggers haven’t been activated in a long period of time. 

0 Kudos