Menu bar container disappear in S123 Website/data tab

07-13-2021 02:11 AM
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using ArcGIS Enterprise 1.8.1 and implemented 2 surveys. Designed the dashboards to present the collected data.

I want to export data for indictors by link them with survey123 website URL so the users could open it with filtered data in the URL parameters and click on the export button. the issue that when I do this all the elements in the menu bar disappeared so they can't export the filtered data.

Hussam_AlJabri_0-1626167390464.png

Any idea to solve it ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @Hussam_AlJabri 

Thanks for sharing here! It seems like a bug and probably the menu bar is covered by the navbar above. Could you please let us know the steps lead to the issue in the screenshot so that we can fix it?

The answer to the following issues will also be really helpful:

1. Did you embed Survey123 website in other apps?
  2. Did the other pages look complete? e.g. collaborate page has the share survey tab?
  3. Which browser are you using and what is your screen resolution?
  4. If you open the same URL in other device, will you see the same issue?

Thanks,

Ruth

Hussam_AlJabri

1. Did you embed Survey123 website in other apps?

Actually, I did not embed the website but I linked a text in the dashboard with the URL to filter data of certain elements as shown in the video attached to the post.

Also, I linked a text in the web map pub up to  generate a feature report for single record.

2. Did the other pages look complete? e.g. collaborate page has the share survey tab?

Yes, they did.

3. Which browser are you using and what is your screen resolution?

I'm using Chrome browser and I tested in two screens (1004x670) and screen which is bigger.

4. If you open the same URL in other device, will you see the same issue?

Yes.

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @Hussam_AlJabri 

Thanks for the video, I tried to recreate your workflow (see attached gif) but unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue you saw. If it is possible could you please share more info with us, so that I can keep digging. Or it would be easier to contact Esri Support and work with an analyst, and they will be able to diagnose further and work with you on this.

Here are some questions that I have:

1. I guess your URL of the data page is created by joining few variables. To eliminate the affect of dashboard, could you please try open that URL in the web browser directly? If the error appears without dashboard, could you please let me know what is included in the URL?

2. I guess you embed a dashboard in another dashboard, and the data page is opened to replace the inner dashboard. I can only achieve this by modifying the code in the browser developer tool, since the dashboard indicator always open the page in a new tab. Could you please let me know how to open that page in the frame?

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
Hussam_AlJabri

I really appreciate your support @Ruth_JiatengXu 

honestly the issue was occurred while browsing the URL directly before I used it in the dashboard. But I tried today many times and the issue did not produce. So, I will keep trying and if I faced it I will let you know.

regards,

Hussam_AlJabri

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu ,

The issue produced again from time to time! that's weird.

What I did exactly is filtering the data and take the URL to be opened in new tab then the menu bar disappeared.

>>> 1. I guess your URL of the data page is created by joining few variables. To eliminate the affect of dashboard, could you please try open that URL in the web browser directly? If the error appears without dashboard, could you please let me know what is included in the URL?

The error appeared while open the URL in the browser directly.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/surveys/xxxxx/data?portalUrl=https://xxxx/portal&extent=57.9642,23.4639...

I can email you a credential where you can test directly by our portal.

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @Hussam_AlJabri ,

Thanks for the reproduce case, my email address is jxu@esri.com.

We found the potential reason by tracing the code, it may be caused by the wrongly calculated top value in a certain network or the computation condition. Since we cannot reproduce it, our fix may not be effective, your reproduce case will be really helpful!

Thanks,

Ruth

Hussam_AlJabri

Thanks @Ruth_JiatengXu for providing your email. I already sent you the details and waiting your kind check up and support.

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @Hussam_AlJabri ,

Thanks a lot for the reproduce case, the issue is now available for testing on Survey123 BETA website: https://survey123beta.arcgis.com/

If it is possible could you please test on the BETA website?

Thanks,

Ruth

Hussam_AlJabri

Hi @Ruth_JiatengXu 

I did not produce the error issue in the beta website. Thanks!

0 Kudos