Map survey data based on geopoint not photo location

Jump to solution
03-10-2022 01:21 PM
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

I'm using survey123 connect v 3.13.251 and survey123 field app v 3.14.237 on iOS 15.1

The survey requires an address and photo. It also has a reference map in the linked content tab.

The address is validated with a custom locator. I'm using pulldata for x, y and location fields to map the data. However the points are showing from the location where the picture was taken and not based on the address, when the geopoint for the reference map is in the survey. The bind::esri:fieldType is set to null for the map.

Are there settings for recording photo location that should be turned off? Enclosed is the xlsx form.

Thanks,

Alicia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

The issue was the order of the reference map, address (using locator) and photo. The original survey was ordered:

1 - Reference map

2 - Address

3 - Photo

4 - Other survey questions.

I moved the reference map at the end of the survey and the app was able to use the address field to map the location of the survey.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AliciaShyu,

If you want the address location to be submitted to the survey feature layer, you would need to remove the null from the bind::esri:fieldType column in the PropertyConditionAssessment_point.

Currently both of the geopoints in the XLSForm have a bind::esri:fieldType of null, which means neither of the  geopoint questions are being submitted to the feature service. When there are no geopoint, geotrace, or geoshape questions configured to submit data to a feature service, the feature service is populated with the location information available from the device at the time the survey was opened.

Hopefully I'm understanding your workflow correctly, please let me know if not.

Thanks,
-Barbara

AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

The issue was the order of the reference map, address (using locator) and photo. The original survey was ordered:

1 - Reference map

2 - Address

3 - Photo

4 - Other survey questions.

I moved the reference map at the end of the survey and the app was able to use the address field to map the location of the survey.