Manually trigger weather API for END of survey

Jump to solution
11-05-2021 03:54 AM
BenBlowers2
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am wanting to capture weather information at the START and END of a survey.

Currently the weather information for START and END is captured at the start of the survey, based on the users geopoint location and the OpenWeather API.

BenBlowers2_0-1636109493939.png

I was wondering if there is a way to delay the capture of the END weather data, and somehow include a trigger, eg a button, that can be tapped to pull the weather data through when the surveyor is near the end of their survey?

I can clear the end weather data by clicking the circle X button, and then refresh the values, but is there a more glamorous option?

BenBlowers2_1-1636109544316.png

Thanks all,

Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How about a button that says I'm Done then make the fields relevant on that.  Then when they tap the button the fields appear and calc at that point.

Not sure that is glamorous but should work.  Hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How about a button that says I'm Done then make the fields relevant on that.  Then when they tap the button the fields appear and calc at that point.

Not sure that is glamorous but should work.  Hope it helps

0 Kudos
BenBlowers2
New Contributor III

Hi @DougBrowning Doug - thanks for the suggestion, its a good idea - what question type do you think would be best? Perhaps a select_one - with just 1 option "I'm Done" or maybe "Generate End Weather Information"... Any better suggestions?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea that would work I think - I like Generate End Weather Information.  Easy to test.

0 Kudos
BenBlowers2
New Contributor III

This works nicely, thanks @DougBrowning!

BenBlowers2_1-1636130322974.png

And after the button pressed:

BenBlowers2_0-1636130287393.png