Make a new question dependent on an image capture

Jump to solution
01-30-2017 05:53 PM
TerryBeutel
New Contributor II

Hi everyone.

I have a survey that requires collection of up to 3 images. Attached is an image of how I currently handle it which is sufficient but a little clunky. (Please note I am deliberately avoiding repeats to make the export of photos simpler athe back end of AGOL).

Currently, users start seeing only Attach1 as its default is "No". If they select "Yes" for Attach1 then Image 1 appears, as does Attach2. What I want though is for Attach2 to appear AFTER Image 1 is captured. The problem is replicated with the Attach2 response where Attach3 and Image 2 appear simultaneously.

So my question is what can I put in the highlighted Relevant cells to enact those lines only after the previous photo is collected? Or is there another way around this?

Cheers

terry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

What about something like this?

Also attaching XLSFile.

You can use string-length to validate if a photo has been taken. If so, you ask if more photos are  needed etc and set relevant statement to hide or show the next image question... then the same pattern can be repeated.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

What about something like this?

Also attaching XLSFile.

You can use string-length to validate if a photo has been taken. If so, you ask if more photos are  needed etc and set relevant statement to hide or show the next image question... then the same pattern can be repeated.

TerryBeutel
New Contributor II

Thanks so much Ismael. That worked perfectly.

0 Kudos
AlainChouinard
New Contributor III

Hi Ismael,

I use the string-length formula in the same situation as Terry. It works great when the field technician initially collects the data in the survey. However, when the supervisor wants to check and correct answers from the Inbox, the questions that are Relevant with string-length do not appear in the form. And when he returns the corrected survey, the information in the fields corresponding to those questions remains intact in the Feature Layer. This is good news since the collected data is not lost, but we would like the supervisor to be able to see and correct this information from the Inbox. I am attaching the part of my survey that shows this behavior. Thanks

0 Kudos
AbigailSmith12743
New Contributor

Hi @AlainChouinard we have investigated this behavior and have logged a bug for it. BUG-000152893: Relevance defined on an image type question of a Survey123 using Inbox will drop the relevant question value when viewing the record in Inbox.

Currently there is not a work around for this issue, but it is important to note that if you have selected a specific survey from the Inbox and edit or add an image inside of Inbox, that relevant question will appear. But it does not appear unless you edit or add another image. 

You can track that status of the Bug here https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs

0 Kudos
AlainChouinard
New Contributor III

Thank you Abigail, and have a nice day !

0 Kudos