Select to view content in your preferred language

Maintain Survey123 for ArcGIS app

12-13-2016 04:33 AM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Hi there,

Does anybody know where to find any documentation relating to the maintain app for survey123? I trying to understand is this the app to use to add proxy settings and what other settings and capabilities it can do.

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anthony,

The primary documentation is at Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  Keep in mind that on the mobile application, some settings that you might expect to configure in the application are instead configures in a device property- proxy settings would be an example of that.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

James,

Thankyou for your reply. I should have been clearer in my post that this relates to a Desktop install (Windows) and the maintenancetool.exe within the installation folder. I have searched the documentation again and still can't find any references. If you know where it resides, could you please post a link to make it for people to locate.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MitchellProctor
Occasional Contributor II

Anthony,

maintenancetool.exe is NOT what you're looking for in this case. Maintenance tool is essentially the installation/uninstallation tool, it would not handle proxy settings.

But for the record, the maintenance tool can be found, on Windows, in C:/Users/YourName/Applications/ArcGIS/Survey123forArcGIS (or Survey123ConnectforArcGIS). The maintenance tool for that application is in that folder.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Mitchell,

It actually looks like that it can. Hence why I'm asking the question.

When you launch 'maintenancetool.exe', Select 'Update components', Click 'Settings' and this dialog appears.

I would love to find out where some documentation can be found to explain how to enter data in the Network & Repositories tabs.

If it's not, where can it be done and again where's the documentation on how to do it.

AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

I have found out what the settings are for. These are indeed to set the proxy for ONLY downloading to install the latest version of the software. They have no impact within the application itself. The software relies on IE settings and not section relating to proxy files (eg. PAC files).

0 Kudos
AdministradorANT
New Contributor

Hi Anthony, 

I have the same question. I tried to upgrade Survey 123 for ArcGIS using maintenance tool but whe I try to choose the second option, I have to establish a valid repository to download the lastest version of the software, but doesn't work.

Could you tell me, how can I do this?

Thanks a lot!

Laura G.

0 Kudos