Select to view content in your preferred language

Lost the last XLSForm from already publish survey from the connect123.

Jump to solution
07-29-2024 03:09 PM
DPU-SMAMUS
New Contributor

I don't know why but today I needed to update a survey already published by 123connect and when I opened XLSForm, it downloaded an outdated version. Does anyone know how to solve it? I wouldn't want to recreate every form again to get access to the right XLS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

This is correct. Survey123 is a local development toolkit.

Only what you publish will go to the web, to be available for download.

you need to publish and download again, or take the xlsform file home with you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

You can work on a local version of your survey in Survey123 Connect.

Survey123 Connect won't push an update to the online version unless you hit publish.

Survey123 Connect won't pull down the online version (and replace your local one) unless you download it or download it again.

If you've accidentally downloaded it and replaced your local edits, there is not much you can do via Survey123 Connect. You can look at your Excel file history - sometimes it'll have a saved version depending on your settings.

If you just have a lot of draft, unpublished surveys, or even published surveys you are not actively working on, I'd recommend moving the entire folder out of your local drive and onto a shared network folder. This will stop you from accidentally working on the wrong surveys and often make sure they're backed up by IT policy. You can always download the survey form, or make new surveys from the templates.

0 Kudos
DPU-SMAMUS
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.
The big issue is that survey connect apparently has been searching for the most recent XLSform files only on my local machine, which I actually carry out the developments on. Last night, when trying to update a label via connect from home, everything was completely out of date, the already hosted form appeared with an outdated form but when clicking on the link to view it on the web, the form was correct. I will take care to create a backup of these forms as well if there is no other configuration solution.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

This is correct. Survey123 is a local development toolkit.

Only what you publish will go to the web, to be available for download.

you need to publish and download again, or take the xlsform file home with you.

0 Kudos