Looking for Input for Managing LARGE Survey123 Features

04-17-2019 12:26 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all, 

We have a Survey123 hosted in AGOL with a lot lot lot of photo attachments. This is causing it to get real big. 9.6GB kinda big.  I was wondering what everyone else is doing for managing big survey data like this.  Any suggestions? 

Exporting and downloading a FGDB backup of this is taking extremely long (no surprise with the size of it) - ultimately i've seen exporting fail form the AGOL feature service. It ends up spitting out empty zip files when it's downloaded from my content, even after spinning for hours on the export page. Today I finally had success exporting from the Survey123.com data page. *yay*

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kristy,

Can you expend on the need to export the data and use it in a FGDB? What is the workflow and requirement, are you using the data in Pro, Desktop, another system where you can not connect directly to the hosted service? Or are you simply exporting to FGDB as a backup?

Have you tried using other tools such as Python or FME to automate the backup and only export the new/updated data?

As this question relates to feature services in AGO/Portal and the export functionality, it may be better asked here: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos