Select to view content in your preferred language

Logged Out While Filling in Form?

02-11-2019 05:49 AM
PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

While doing field testing on a survey on Friday, I was having an issue with Survey123 logging me out while I was filling out my survey. When I went to submit a survey, it brought me to the log in page, and once I logged in it submitted the survey as usual. It happened whenever a survey took a little longer to fill out, say ten minutes, and I was using an enterprise account if that makes a difference.

This isn't a huge deal since it doesn't seem to effect the submitting of the data, but is there a way to prevent survey123 from logging out, especially while it's in use?

14 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April, which version of the field app are you using?

0 Kudos
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I'm not using the field app. I just opened the survey in a browser.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi April,

What URL are you using, can you please provide? To use the web app in browser you are required to login with your AGO/Portal credentials before taking the survey, unless you have shared the survey and made it public. This original issue described in this post is related to the field app and enterprise logins.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know we have been working on the sign out issues when a device changes network, goes offline or the token expires and these issues have now been resolved in the latest Survey123 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community (EAC).

We have also been working on the survey update notifications feature in the latest Survey123 beta builds and the new workflow will now alert the user in the field app when an updated survey is available, and be displayed on the gallery page, download surveys page and when trying to open a survey that has an update. This enables the user to do an update of the survey before proceeding to collect a new survey record.

Please test out the latest 3.9 beta builds and provide any feedback via the EAC user forums for the sign out issue and also the new survey update notification feature. You can find the 3.9 beta announcement with details on EAC.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have just updated EAC with the latest 3.9 RC2 builds which include further improvements and fixes to avoid user sign out when the device is offline or network connectivity changes constantly. Hopefully this resolves your issues detailed above.

Please check out the latest announcement and 3.9 RC2 builds on EAC here.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos