Logged Out While Filling in Form?

02-11-2019 05:49 AM
PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

While doing field testing on a survey on Friday, I was having an issue with Survey123 logging me out while I was filling out my survey. When I went to submit a survey, it brought me to the log in page, and once I logged in it submitted the survey as usual. It happened whenever a survey took a little longer to fill out, say ten minutes, and I was using an enterprise account if that makes a difference.

This isn't a huge deal since it doesn't seem to effect the submitting of the data, but is there a way to prevent survey123 from logging out, especially while it's in use?

14 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Philip,

Please provide the following...

Which version of Survey123 are you using? 

What are the details related to the Enterprise environment? 

What are the details of the device encountering the behavior? 

0 Kudos
PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for responding Brandon.

The issue occurred on both Samsung Galaxy Tab E's and iPhone X's, all of which had the latest updates of Survey123 according to the tech who prepared them. 

I am not sure how to give more details on the Enterprise environment. When prompted to log in again, we would choose Enterprise Login, and then once we typed in the Enterprise URL we were logged back in - i.e. we did not have to type in individual usernames and passwords to get logged back in. This may be related to default user settings and not the issue at hand, however.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Please check the installed version of the Survey123 field app by starting the app, clicking on the hamburger menu in the top right corner and selecting 'About'.

Thank you,

Brandon

0 Kudos
PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

Brandon, the version is 3.2.265

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you using IWA authentication with your Portal?

0 Kudos
BrianKingery
New Contributor II

Timmons Group's ArcGIS Online is using SAML 2.0 to authenticate with our Active Directory.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Philip,

Have you tested with the latest beta version 3.3 available on EAC, we will be releasing this version by the end of the month and there are some fixes for IWA and portal logins: Welcome to our Feedback Community 

Phil.

PhilipQueen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Phil! We'll give that a try and see if it works

0 Kudos
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I might be having this problem also. I just updated to the new version of Survey123 Connect, 3.2.196. I've got a survey with 30 lines in the XLSForm. After I've published it and tried a test submission via the URL, I get a "Failed to submit. - GWM_0003:Token Required" error message. Then I refresh the URL and it takes me to the AGOL login page.