Linked Content Web Maps Not Showing in Field App

10-27-2020 06:30 PM
GarrettSmith1
New Contributor III

Hello

I have linked two Web Maps to my survey using Survey123 Connect's Linked Content tab to be used for a geopoint question. When I click on the Map tab and look at the Preview and Detailed Map I am able to see both maps in the basemap gallery and have set one as the default. When I preview the geopoint question in Connect I am able to select between the two linked web maps, however I do not see any other of the ESRI default basemaps. My biggest issue is when I test the survey on my mobile phone, using the field app, the geopoint question only has default ESRI basemaps and not the maps that I linked. I am online when I test the field app and my map settings are switched to Standard. I am also not signed into my ArcGIS Online account as this survey will be distributed to volunteers, many of whom do not have AGOL accounts. I want to test it as they would see and experience it to make sure it all works. I will also be creating offline maps, but that is a step removed from the online maps working.

Maybe there is something that I need to adjust on the maps in ArcGIS Online?

Thanks

12 Replies
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

@GlenShepherd Thanks for the response.

Yes, maps are set to "standard."

The feature layer was added before the offline areas were created.

The basemap is a combination of our own tile package with the world imagery layer - (the tile package is just to have a winter image, in summer we're using just the world imagery layer - I have a separate webmap for summer, but having the same issue)

On the feature layer, enable sync is checked, but editing is not enabled.

There are no other layers in the map besides the trail layer - it shows appropriately in the online map, but not the downloaded offline map area.

No errors when I open in the field map - although I have it shared with a shared content group.

Do you think it's just a matter of sharing properly or enabling editing on the feature layer it question?

Thanks again for the help,

RyanE

0 Kudos
GlenShepherd
Esri Contributor

So is the feature layer shared to the same level as the web map item itself?
Are you logging into Survey123 using the same account that owns the web map and feature layer?

If we edit the web map so that it is just the world imagery basemap and the polyline feature layer (then update the offline map areas), do the features show up in the linked content maps then?

0 Kudos
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help! I've made some progress...kind of.

The webmap now consists of a feature layer (hosted), a vector tile layer (hosted), the World Imagery basemap, and our custom basemap (tpk file).

The vector tile layer is a part of the basemap and was published from the hosted feature layer (having both the feature layer and the vector layer made the lines appear in the dashboard - with just the hosted feature layer, they did not appear in the dashboard).

Both layers and the webmap are shared the same way in AGOL. I'm logging in as the administrator for our organization and I created this content.

I redid the map areas today with the configuration described above and in S123 there is now a map area for the vector tile layer and then a separate map area for the basemap. So, I can see the line features, but not with the basemap and vice versa. 

I tried taking the vtpk out of the basemap in the webmap and then repackaging the offline maps, but I still got the same result.

0 Kudos