Link to multiple inspections with same submission_url

Jump to solution
04-25-2022 12:54 PM
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

I used Survey123 Connect to create two different surveys connected to the same feature layer; they share the same submission _url but have different form_IDs that point to different related tables in the feature layer. I want to add a link in my map pop up that opens the survey in Survey123 from Field Maps. The problem is within the normal structure of the Survey123 link (at least how I know how to create a link), there is no way to differentiate between which survey to open, which causes an error and neither survey to open. 

Is there a specific parameter I need to use in my survey link to tell Field Maps which survey to open? The current link looks like: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=[itemID]&field:Intersection={Intersection}&field:Approach={Approach}&field:Insp_KEY={GlobalID}

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The itemid is what tells it which form to open.  [itemID] is just a placeholder in the help, you replace it with the actual id of the form in AGOL.  

Like this arcgis-survey123://?itemID=26fd3ece19fc4be8ba392c2333376725&field:PlotID={PlotID}

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The itemid is what tells it which form to open.  [itemID] is just a placeholder in the help, you replace it with the actual id of the form in AGOL.  

Like this arcgis-survey123://?itemID=26fd3ece19fc4be8ba392c2333376725&field:PlotID={PlotID}

Hope that helps

KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

Yes! I do use the item ID in my link, I just didn't want to share it. However, this made me realize I was using the item ID for the feature layer and not the surveys. That seemed to do the trick! Thank you!