Limits of Survey123 Inbox

Jump to solution
06-19-2019 10:04 AM
EricaSummers
New Contributor II

I have created a survey for some colleagues to enter their Timber Cruising data. Recently it has been brought to my attention that when my colleagues go into the inbox to edit a record they are noticing that some of the data is not repopulating or being returned when they go to edit a point. The points that are specifically being targeted are those that are in the 500 range and for one specific location.. 
In total we have 2100 related records. I guess what I am wondering is if there are any limits of the inbox in Survey 123? Is it possible to have too many records in an inbox?

Has anyone experience this before?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

There is a 1,000 limit to the Inbox by default which is actually set on the feature layer, this is the default setting when you create a new feature service. You need to modify the max record count of the feature layer if you want to be able to query more than 1,000 records at one time.

Phil.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Erica,

There is a 1,000 limit to the Inbox by default which is actually set on the feature layer, this is the default setting when you create a new feature service. You need to modify the max record count of the feature layer if you want to be able to query more than 1,000 records at one time.

Phil.

EricaSummers
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

Thank You for this. 

0 Kudos
Galen_S_MnDOT
Occasional Contributor

For folks not familiar with manipulating feature service API parameters, directions on how to implement Phil's fix can be found here:
https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012383

Worked a treat for me!  All 2766 of my needed inventory records now successfully being pulled down into my Survey123 Inbox.

TaylorSchyrbiak
New Contributor II

I've used the mentioned solution, but hadn't committed the process to memory and now the link is returning 404. Could someone post a written solution?