Language for Survey123 pop ups

06-06-2017 02:40 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a form in 4 languages (Russian, Mongolian, Tajik, Kyrgyz).  The notification buttons (pop ups for the close and complete survey buttons, and all other pop ups) have changed to the proper language for Russian only.  The Kyrgyz is in Russian and the Mongolian and Tajik are in English (see attachment).  Can these be changed or is it a function of the mobile device Survey123 is loaded on?  Additionally, when using select_multiple or Other the Other is always in English.  I saw where this was the case but was wondering if this may change in the future.  Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MitchellProctor
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Charleen,

This is because that message box is a product of the app, rather than the form, which has less language support. Specifically, Mongolian, Kyrgyz and Tajik are not languages Survey123 supports, so while you can use them within your form to a limited extent (as you've figured out), the rest of the app won't display in those languages.

As an aside, I'm guessing the reason Kyrgyz displays Russian instead of English is because Russian is an official language in Kyrgyzstan, but I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I was afraid that was the answer but wanted to check to be

sure.

0 Kudos