Labor Cost for a Job Site

02-04-2020 12:06 PM
RobinKloepfer
New Contributor

I am using Survery123 Connect and trying to return the labor cost for a job site. I am having a hard time trying to get the employee's name to match their hourly rate. It seems simple in nature, but not in Survery123. In Excel, I can do it with a few different formulae to have the employee name and/or title match their hourly rate. That would then be multiplied by hours worked. It's just not clicking in Survey for me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Robin Kloepfer‌,

I've just had a look at your calculations and it looks correct. Your employee field seems to be a select field and you seem to be checking if the name is senior. Is that correct or does your employee field contain employee names?

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer has helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
RobinKloepfer
New Contributor

The field has ‘senior’ and then the employee name. I was hoping that it would find anything in the field and not the exact.

Thank you,

Robin Kloepfer

Management Analyst II

City of Tracy

Department of Public Works

520 S. Tracy Blvd

Tracy, CA 95376

209-831-6366

0 Kudos
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Robin Kloepfer‌,

You could try using contains():

if(contains('senior',selected(${employee})),'57.44',.......

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer has helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.