Label hyperlink using pulldata not working in web form

Jump to solution
02-11-2021 09:29 AM
pskrivanos
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I've just created a survey using Survey123 Connect and have published it. In my survey I have created a label which includes a hyperlink. This hyperlink is being pulled from a csv file using the pulldata function. 

Here is my label with the hyperlink: Click <a href="${reference}" target="_blank">here</a> for an identification guide

This link works perfectly fine in the app, but not in the web form. In the web form is looks like this: 

Click " target="_blank">here for an identification guide

Any ideas on why the web form link does not work but the app link does?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jing_Sun
Esri Contributor

Hi, hyperlink does work differently in the web app, and I normally use the concat() function for building hyperlink in the web form.

If you don't mind using a note question to display the hyperlink, below is an example that works for both field and web apps. Given that concat() does not work in label, I put it in the calculation and use a placeholder for the label. You might also find the calculation looks wrong in the app if ${reference} is empty, hence I give ${reference} a default value.

Jing_Sun_0-1613137357949.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jing_Sun
Esri Contributor

Hi, hyperlink does work differently in the web app, and I normally use the concat() function for building hyperlink in the web form.

If you don't mind using a note question to display the hyperlink, below is an example that works for both field and web apps. Given that concat() does not work in label, I put it in the calculation and use a placeholder for the label. You might also find the calculation looks wrong in the app if ${reference} is empty, hence I give ${reference} a default value.

Jing_Sun_0-1613137357949.png

pskrivanos
New Contributor II

Hello, and thank you for your response. Your suggestion works, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. 

0 Kudos