Keep the Submit button on every page in Survey123 and directly navigate to a page?

Jump to solution
01-27-2022 08:07 AM
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

I have a Survey123 with multiple pages for repeats.  Right now the submit button is only on the last page. When performing edits on a related record, there’s no need to navigate through every page before being able to submit.

Is there a way to keep the Submit button on every page?

Also, is there a way to directly navigate to the desired page (such as 3) without having to press 'Next' through each page to get to 3?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

So I updated from 3.12 to 3.13. (Didn't realize there was a new version.) The UX/UI in version 3.13 for repeats is way better in the web app.  (See screenshot.)

I removed the "pages" style in the settings Excel tab to get what the screenshot looks like.  The repeats are a lot more accessible, and the Submit button is always on the bottom (because I'm not using pages anymore).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes if you tap the 1 of 7 page number you get a list.

DougBrowning_0-1643299953534.png

This does not work for repeats yet please upvote this  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/ui-to-move-to-any-repeat-for-survey123/idi-p/93... 

You can also long press the arrows and it will go all the way to the end or start.  Note this trick works on repeats also.  

Hope that helps

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Just to add something to this in case users do try this and don't get the desired results: Long pressing the left < or right > arrows does take you to the beginning or end of the survey, respectively, under normal set-ups. However, if you have hidden pages, this functionality can sometimes not work properly. So, if you try this and it doesn't work, check to see if your survey is using hidden pages.

Edit: This is assuming you are using the Field App to collect data. This doesn't work at all in the web app, as far as I can remember.

Edit 2: @DanielWebb Don't forget to mark @DougBrowning's post as the answer so others can benefit from this info! 🙂

0 Kudos
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

Upvoted!

The long press doesn't seem to work for me.  Maybe because my survey is a web app?

0 Kudos
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

So I updated from 3.12 to 3.13. (Didn't realize there was a new version.) The UX/UI in version 3.13 for repeats is way better in the web app.  (See screenshot.)

I removed the "pages" style in the settings Excel tab to get what the screenshot looks like.  The repeats are a lot more accessible, and the Submit button is always on the bottom (because I'm not using pages anymore).

0 Kudos