Select to view content in your preferred language

Item specified by surveyItemId does not exist or is not accessible

10-18-2020 02:25 PM
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,, 

I have multiple feature report templates on a particular feature layer and these have all been working great - until Friday, when they all stopped working with the error:

Item specified by surveyItemId does not exist or is not accessible

To my knowledge there has been no change to the feature layer, there has definitely been no change to the report templates and the survey, whilst it has been republished recently, has only had items added, no items removed or changed.

What's the problem here?

Ismael ChiviteJames Tedrick‌ your help would be much appreciated here, our organisation can only bill the customer upon receiving said feature reports..

36 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Mattew and Yulia,

Matthew AdamYulia Mamonova

The fix of "An error occurred when preparing." is already on the production website. Thanks a lot for the support!

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
AmyStorey
New Contributor II

We are having the same issue as well.

0 Kudos
AmyStorey
New Contributor II

Our issue is resolved in the BETA site

Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

The fix is now available on the production website. However, if you have a very long external choice list in your survey, you may still encounter the "An error occurred when preparing" error, which will be fixed in 3.11 hotfix2.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Ruth,

It's been over 2 weeks since our survey has stopped working. Now the error I am getting is TypeError: Failed to fetch.

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

I've just checked - everything works OK in survey123 beta, when can we expect it to be OK in survey123 production site?

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi all,

Survey123 hotfix2 is on production right now, the report generation failure with the error "An error occurred when preparing" is fixed.

Thanks.

Ruth

0 Kudos