Issue with Submission URL, submitted survey not showing as related

Jump to solution
06-13-2019 07:47 AM
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

Created a survey using an existing feature service. Followed the directions from previous thread

In Connect, go to New Survey, then select Feature Service and pick your feature service from the gallery. Once the XLSForm is loaded, eliminate the questions relative to the parent layer. Eliminate the rows with the  begin and end repeat statemnts. Then change the FormID value in the Settings tab so it references the name of the related table you want to edit.

Settings tab in Connect: 

Feature Service item details

The submitted test surveys are visible in the table, but when I click on the point in a map, it shows no related records.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarlHolt1

The issue I believe is because I shared the feature service from ArcGIS Pro. After starting over in ArcMap 10.6.1, publishing a new feature, creating a new form from the feature service (removing fields, repeats and adding the hidden fields) and the custom URL. It finally worked.

Custom URL: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=cd09f873f02640f89270e5477b66d819&field:UNITID={UNITID}&field:Collector_GlobalID={GlobalID}

Attached is final xlsx file

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Carl,

Can you share the XLS Form?  How are you populating the 'parentGlobalID' field, which is needed to link the inspections to the proper flush tank?

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1
typenamelabelhintconstraintconstraint_messagerequiredrequired_messageappearancedefaultreadonlyrelevantcalculationchoice_filterrepeat_countlabel::language1hint::language1media::audiomedia::imagebody::accuracyThresholdbind::esri:fieldTypebind::esri:fieldLengthbind::esri:fieldAliasbody::esri:inputMaskbind::esri:parametersbind::saveIncompletebind::typebind::esri:warningbind::esri:warning_message
textUNITIDUNIT IDesriFieldTypeString11
textinspectorInspectorproperty('email')esriFieldTypeString100
dateTimeinsp_dateInspection Datenow()esriFieldTypeDate
select_one BooleanInspectedInspectedyeshorizontal-compactesriFieldTypeString5
select_one BooleanLeakingLeaking or Runningyeshorizontal-compactesriFieldTypeString5
select_one ConnectionConnectionConnectionyeshorizontalesriFieldTypeString10
textInsp_CommentInpsection CommentmultilineesriFieldTypeString250
decimalWO_DWKFTKWO Num DWKFTKesriFieldTypeSingle
imageflush_tank_imageFlush Take Imageyes
hiddenCollector_GlobalIDCollector_GlobalIDnull
hiddenJoinIDJoinIDif(regex(${Collector_GlobalID}, '^\{[\w\-]*\}$'), substr(${Collector_GlobalID},1, string-length(${Collector_GlobalID}) - 1), ${Collector_GlobalID})esriFieldTypeGUID
0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

Here is are my steps for setting this up:

1. Set up data and schema
    1. Feature class (Inventory)
      1. Add GlobalID(data management tool) 
      2. Add Inspection Complete field (y/n) - will be updated in Collector
    2. Table (Inspections)
      1. Add fields corresponding to form (ensure Allow Null values is set when needed) - will be updated in Survey123
      2. Add GlobalID(data management tool) 
  • Add GUID field (used in relationship class to join table to FC) - JoinID
    1. Allow Null values
  1. Add GUID filed (used to store the incoming GlobalIDfrom Collector) - Collector_GlobalID 
    1. Allow Null values
  2. Relationship class (1:M)
    1. FC to Table (GlobalIDto JoinID) 
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Carl,

How do you open the form and how does the Collector_GlobalID field get filled in (as it's a hidden question)?

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

Custom URL from Explorer

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=3515b4b4c63d4b62ae1794ec89b06e8b&field:UNITID={UNITID}&field:Collector_GlobalID={GlobalID}

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

The xlss file is attached.

I am trying to write the survey to the Flush_Tank_Inspection table. The fields in table match those in the form.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

The issue I believe is because I shared the feature service from ArcGIS Pro. After starting over in ArcMap 10.6.1, publishing a new feature, creating a new form from the feature service (removing fields, repeats and adding the hidden fields) and the custom URL. It finally worked.

Custom URL: arcgis-survey123://?itemID=cd09f873f02640f89270e5477b66d819&field:UNITID={UNITID}&field:Collector_GlobalID={GlobalID}

Attached is final xlsx file

0 Kudos