Issue using my survey in browser, works fine in survey123 phone and computer

Jump to solution
09-04-2018 04:12 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am having a weird issue with my survey. It fails to submit when I use the browser and works just fine when I use my phone and PC. Any idea?

Here is the message I get from the logs on Portal:

The submitted field 'undefined' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'Carr_Fire_Assessment'.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anneka,

The Survey123 website has been updated to fix this issue - can you please attempt to use the current version?

View solution in original post

19 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex,

Can you share the survey XLS file?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James, 

I did not find the attach button when i hit reply yo your response so i edited the post and attached the excel spreadsheet to the original post.

FYI the survey was created from a feature service, so I also my Database design.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex,

In looking through the form and GDB, there are a few things that might help troubleshoot:

- Is the Feature Service based on the Enterprise GDB or the Hosted Data Store?  There are a couple of field names that might be reserved words.  DBMS, for example.

- You have a few fields that have the same name in different tables.  Technically, there shouldn't be any duplication of field names

Another thing I noticed that might help later on - you've applied a domain to the Hazardous Waste types - that won't work well with a select_multiple question (domains only work with select_one).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks James,

1) The feature service is based on a hosted data store on our Portal.

2) Ok, Is that the fields highlighted in red? I will change those and test again.

3) I have added a domain to Hazardous Waste Type because I would like to use this layer either in collector and survey. It would be a single select in collector but a multiple select in survey123. So, Should I create a separate field for collector and one for survey123 without domain (simple text field) so I can do a multiselect?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

On the domain - yes, if you want to store and support multiple choice values, that will need to be a separate, non-domain field (or you could make a related table to capture multiple values).  Multiple choice responses are stored as a comma-separated text string; these do not meet the requirements of the domain.  You would also have a type mismatch as multiple choice are text, not integer.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That might be a great idea to have a related table to store multiple values so it works equally as well in collector. However the user probably will lose a little of the simplicity of survey123 that lets them choose multiple values all at once. I will test and get back to that discussion once I get it tested. Hopefully once I change some field names and modify the that field that has a domain it lets submit.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. No more fields with same name. Made sure there is no reserved words. No more multiselect for that hazardous waste field. I am not too sure what's wrong with what I have.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Alex,

I am seeing the same behavior with a form created from the same feature service.  We're looking into what the issue might be.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you James!

0 Kudos