Is there any way to use a custom URL in Survey 123 to open the inbox map for a survey?

10-14-2022 12:47 PM
CharlescobBailey
New Contributor III

We are trying to use Survey 123 with Workforce to create assignments and link the user from workforce to the S123 inbox map - we wanted to open the survey for editing but were (finally) told by ESRI that this is not possible, so we wanted to open the inbox map to the extent of the assignments (which have the survey points to edit underneath) so that they only need to hit refresh to load the underlying data in the map. Kind of clunky but still worth having if I can get it to work. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GeoJason
New Contributor III

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/integratewithotherapps.htm 

Using the folder parameter in this schema should work. I can't remember if Workforce let's you configure it's map pop-up from the map. If so, you would likely need to created an x and y values as arcade expressions to collect and display in the pop-up so you can pass that into the center parameter also.

0 Kudos
CharlescobBailey
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. Have you tested whether that will work? It looks like it may be for filters but I'll give it a try. Workforce doesn't support pop-ups at all, by design they said. There is a tab on the designer that lets you create links to other apps that are stored in a table. Then it is linked to a button on the mobile app workforce dialog. The lat/long are already available in the assignment table but are hidden. This is the default URL from the GUI for the S123 link:

https://survey123.arcgis.app?itemID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&center=${assignment.latitude},${assignment.longitude}  

so the coords are in there but I will try the folder param you suggested, thanks.

0 Kudos
GeoJason
New Contributor III

I have some time this week where I can give it a try. I'll post my results here. Honestly, workforce has always underwhelmed me. I have concidered just building a custom assignment app which doesn't have all the workforce limitations.

0 Kudos
CharlescobBailey
New Contributor III

Cool, thanks. I had high hopes for WF after seeing the demos but you really have to create the whole project around the WF designer and this survey we've worked on for several years. It won't open the survey for editing as we'd hoped either. I spent 10 days with ESRI reps trying to find a workaround. Now we're basically just using it for the assignments layer, which I put in the linked media map for the inbox, so they can see their assignments in the map and click them off in WF. So it's somewhat useful to make the initial assignments for this project. Thanks, cob

0 Kudos
CharlescobBailey
New Contributor III

I went ahead and gave it a try with the URL folder. Such a terrible app, wish I'd never started with it but now I've got all this time sunk and going to get something out of it. What it does is, 1. If S123 is not open on the device, it opens the app to the survey list and stops there. If it is open, even if the inbox map is open, it opens the inbox to a stock basemap instead of the linked map with the assignments. I don't even know where it's coming from. I have it set in connect to use the linked map as the default basemap of course. When the back button is pressed the linked map shows up at the default zoom and center set in the web map. Could it possibly really be that buggy? How could they even release this? We will just use it for notification that they have assignments and then they can open the survey stand-alone as we had been doing and find the points in the inbox map. Very poor ESRI. Thanks for your response Jason - cob

0 Kudos