Is there any way to modify the field names in the web based data viewer?

04-16-2019 02:22 PM
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

I have some field labels that are so large that they are pushing the header of the table down and covering up the rows in the table.  I've tried swapping around the "label" and "hints" entries -- for example I moved the lengthy question that was in the label over to the hint and placed an abbreviated  portion in the label location.  The problem is when I go to the survey123 data viewer, the field names seem to be defaulting to whichever of those entries are the longest.  I need the survey form itself to remain as-is (with the lengthy, detailed questions), but I need to be able to use the data viewer and I'm not sure what the order of priorities are for which xlsform field it uses as the field names for the viewer's columns.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David,

This is not currently possible, the label field for the question in xlsx form will also be used in the survey123 website for the Data tab map and table view, as well as other places where those questions are referenced, we always use the label (alias), this includes in AGO and web maps.

Phil.

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Ok thanks Phillip.  I guess we'll have to look at trying some other method.  Unfortunately the questions have to be large.  It'd be nice if we could put some sort of a "label" or text that'd show only on the survey but not be included in the schema.

0 Kudos