Is there any way to display select_one options as an html table?

12-12-2016 03:10 PM
RobbyBryson
New Contributor II

I am creating a form in which we need to collect which corner of an intersection an ADA ramp is located. Instead of a drop-down menu, I'd like to create something more intuitive for the user like this:

NWNNE
WE
SWSSE

Those options are already in a select_one list, is there any way to display them as an HTML table like this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

We currently don't support that complex a format for a question. 

0 Kudos
RobbyBryson
New Contributor II

How would you recommend achieving something like I am describing?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You can include a diagram as part of an instructional note.  

In theory, you might be able to create a grid-like view with the 'horizontal' appearance, but the number of columns is auto-generated (you can't guarantee 3).  We haven't implemented it yet, but there is a display option to transform a series of select_one questions into a grid; while that would have something like the appearance, the data would be stored across multiple questions.  Another option that we are planning to support in the future would be to have a sketch area that has the option for a default image (like a diagram of the intersection of street corner); that would allow an inspector to draw the location, but that wouldn't be stored as a data column in the database

Another suggestion, probably outside of the scope of this conversation, would be to use AppStudio to create a custom question appearance for the select_one question and then build a version Survey123 that uses it.

0 Kudos
RobbyBryson
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. I'll look into some of your suggestions. 

That is unfortunate that I can't just put in a bit of html and have it just work. Hopefully in the future there will be increased functionality. 

0 Kudos