Is there a way to manage queries for different group in the inbox filter

Jump to solution
06-06-2019 11:41 AM
FlorenceRaimbault
New Contributor III

Presently I have to survey for the same purpose:

I have a first survey for the Field worker in a "group A". in this survey the member of the group can only see their own survey because in the inbox filter I use the following  query "where": " username =${username}" .

I have a second survey  with another team  "group B" using the same data. in this  second survey the member of the group can see all the survey from group A and GroupB ,  there is no  query in the inbox filter

currently I need to  have 2 differents survey123 , One for group A, an a second for the group B. the only difference are the group and the Query in the  inbox filter.

Is there a way using either  the group  or the survey123 collaborate parameter or the  AGOL layer parameter to configure only one survey for the group A and B?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FlorenceRaimbault
New Contributor III

Finally, I find a way to combine my 2 surveys in one.

I use a csv file with pulldata function. The csv has multiple username column relates to the project number select in the survey. It's the username of the people in group B allowed to see the information.

When the Field worker in a "group A" fill the survey, the form retrieve information about the project and use it with the pulldata to retrieve the usernames contained in the csv to fill some field like "team leader1", "team leader2", "team leader3"….

I use that select in the querry function in the Sent box.

(${username} = team leader1 or ${username} = team leader2 or ${username} = teamleader3 or ${username} =username) and status like 'problem'

So only the field worker who fills the survey or the team leader can see the survey if there is a problem.

The only default in that method is that I need to update the survey with a new csv file if the team's leaders change.

With this method I can also add hidden questions to see by team leaders only.

I also use a dashboard for review in the office. But for the team leader using a phone and who are in the field it's easiest to use survey123 to follow new problems than a dashboard.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Florence,

Currently it is not possible to do what you require with just one survey and one Inbox query, as you are wanting different levels of filtering that will counter each other. You will need to use two surveys as you have currently set up. If you then only share the 2 different survey form items with those different groups and users, they will only see one survey, and you as the admin will see both.

Phil.

0 Kudos
FlorenceRaimbault
New Contributor III

Finally, I find a way to combine my 2 surveys in one.

I use a csv file with pulldata function. The csv has multiple username column relates to the project number select in the survey. It's the username of the people in group B allowed to see the information.

When the Field worker in a "group A" fill the survey, the form retrieve information about the project and use it with the pulldata to retrieve the usernames contained in the csv to fill some field like "team leader1", "team leader2", "team leader3"….

I use that select in the querry function in the Sent box.

(${username} = team leader1 or ${username} = team leader2 or ${username} = teamleader3 or ${username} =username) and status like 'problem'

So only the field worker who fills the survey or the team leader can see the survey if there is a problem.

The only default in that method is that I need to update the survey with a new csv file if the team's leaders change.

With this method I can also add hidden questions to see by team leaders only.

I also use a dashboard for review in the office. But for the team leader using a phone and who are in the field it's easiest to use survey123 to follow new problems than a dashboard.