Is there a way to import information/data from a excel document to merge it with existing Survey123 data collected using a form without having to manually input all previous records into Survey123 forms?

04-12-2019 08:07 AM
EliasLiakos
New Contributor II

We have a project where water level measurements have been taken over a relatively long period of time and we're introducing Survey123 forms to help streamline those efforts. However, it is still handy to have access to those previous records in the same spot to do various analyses on the fly. Is there a way to bring those past records into the Survey123 environment?

1 Reply
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Elias,

I had something similar to you. I had a point file with locations of points that would have repeat measurements taken over time. I designed a survey form that had a common field (ID) to join to the point file. Once I created a few records in the survey form, I joined the two sets of data together using the Analysis > Summarize data > Join Features option available in ArcGIS Online. I used the 'Choose the fields to match' option with a One-to-Many relationship and 'Create results as hosted feature layer view'. This created a new feature layer, with my records as they updated using the new survey form.

Alternatively, you might be able to create your survey based on your existing Feature Service.

Regards,

Craig

0 Kudos