Is there a way to have data that only shows up for the creator to fill out, with out it showing up in the survey?

Jump to solution
06-17-2021 04:44 AM
WendyBroom
New Contributor

I have created a survey for our field guys to use.  I have additional data that I want to add on the backside once the surveys are completed, for workflow purposes.  Is there a way I can put this in without it showing up on the main survey that the field guys see?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Here are two more methods:

1. Using Survey123 Connect, simply remove those extra fields from the form spreadsheet, and they won't be accessed by the survey at all.
  2. Create a hosted layer view and omit the fields from the view definition, then use the view layer for your survey.
- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LisaDygert1
New Contributor II

Hi Wendy,

Yes, you can use the Hidden question type with the field name you wish to use and that will not appear on the form as the users are entering data.

Lisa D

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Here are two more methods:

1. Using Survey123 Connect, simply remove those extra fields from the form spreadsheet, and they won't be accessed by the survey at all.
  2. Create a hosted layer view and omit the fields from the view definition, then use the view layer for your survey.
- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS