Is there a way to create a new survey and pre-load known data in the office and then update the survey location to the actual inspection location.

01-17-2019 09:46 AM
ChristopherVan_de_Wyngard
New Contributor II

The idea is to be able to load as much as data in the office but then have the survey reflect the site inspection location correct in the Survey123 website.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Christopher,

This should be possible - you would need to append the existing data using either ArcGIS Pro or the ArcGIS Item Details page.  The form would also need to be set to have the Inbox enabled

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

So i would have to use an actual computer and not be able to do it from my mobile device?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Christopher,

Perhaps I misunderstood what you are asking - I was thinking you had an external data source in the office with previous data compatible with the survey.  

If you are asking about pre-filling a form in the office and then going to the field to complete it, you can do that by making use of the Drafts folder - close the form and save to Drafts.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

so if i use the draft folder, then once on the filed it will update the point coordinate where the survey took place to reflect it correctly in the Survey123 website?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Christopher,

If the point is not present in the survey, then Survey123 will use the first location is receives (the office in this case).  

0 Kudos