Is there a way on ARCGIS Online or ARCGIS Pro for me to drag the cursor across an area and then pull a table of the selected points of interest?

11-21-2019 10:10 AM
Nathaniel_Williams
New Contributor

I am tracking Geospatial responses to surveys via Survey123 from Homeless outreach workers and want to pull the data on one particular hotspot where outreach workers are engaged with individuals experiencing homelessness but I can't (on ARCGIS online or ARCGIS pro) figure out a way to filter based on a me selecting a cluster or manually highlighting the group of points by using ctrl and dragging the cursor over the area of interest.  I want to be able to present the data collected from the selected points in a spreadsheet.  To case conference on the individuals in this selected area.  Is there another method to do this?

Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nathaniel,

This question may be better asked in the ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Pro GeoNet forums as it is related to querying and exporting results in those related platforms.

From within the Survey123 website on the Data tab, it is possible to select multiple records in the table view by manually the selecting the records of interest  by selecting one by one or a group in a sequential order (not by selecting on map by dragging a box). Once the selection is made, these selected results can be exported using the Export menu.

Regards,

Phil.

HelenJohnson
New Contributor III

Hi Nathaniel,

Usually when I want to select data in AGOL, I create a webmap with the data, and then create a web app in web appbuilder  that points at that map.  In web apps, you can add the select widget and use it to select data on the map and then view it in the attribute table.  Here is more info on the select widget: Select widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Documentation.  You can also set the attribute table widget to allow export and then export the selected data to a csv file, more details here: Attribute Table widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Documentation.

I hope that helps,

Helen

0 Kudos