Is there a Survey123 API for querying smart form logic?

01-03-2019 04:21 AM
ChrisPouliot
New Contributor III

I am developing a Custom JS web app for users to QA/QC data collected in a Survey123 form.  In this web app I'd like to replicate the form logic that exists in the Survey123 form.  Can this be done?  Is it possible to query for that logic through an API?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

It is possible but a bit technically difficult to access the form logic.  Survey123 uses the XLSForm specification, which is a subset of XForms; either file (the xlsx or xml) can be retrieved from a form item and then processed. 

0 Kudos
ChrisPouliot
New Contributor III

We have many projects that consist of 2 parts:

1. A Field Component -- Either Collector or Survey 123
  2. A Custom Javascript QA/QC application.  We want the data entry forms in the custom app to have the same look/feel as the field apps.

Creating forms in the custom JS app that mimic Collector forms is straightforward because the Service rest endpoints give us all the information necessary regarding field types, relationship classes, attachments, etc.

Survey 123 form functionality can be much more complicated so we need the ability to harness that to work in our JS apps.  Have others had this request?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

I haven't quite heard this specific request, but this should be doable - in particular, I would encourage you to look at the Enketo project.

0 Kudos
ChrisPouliot
New Contributor III

Ok, thanks for the info.  I'll check it out.

0 Kudos