Is there a limitation in the use of Survey123?

03-13-2017 11:09 AM
LucaBolognini
New Contributor

I mean: I haven't any Esri licence, can I use Survey123 without any limitation? And also; if my survey is based also on picture uploading, is there a limitation on picture survey storage? Many thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Luca,

Survey123 requires at least the author of the survey to be a named user in an organizational account with ArcGIS Online (or the on premise equivalent, ArcGIS Enterprise).  There is no storage limitations; however storage does use credits when using ArcGIS Online (photos are stored at 1.2 credit per 1GB per month).

If you don't mind, may I ask about your survey?  If this is for educational or other noncommercial use, it might be eligible for a reduced-cost program.

0 Kudos
LucaBolognini
New Contributor

Hi James

I'm a researcher and I want to produce a survey for an independent study on the "alien species". This term refers to the biological invasion of some species in a new area, and we need to know the citizen perception of the phenomenon.
I have a developer account but, unfortunately, we don't have budget for this project. Understand the limitation on the methodology is pivotal before starting.
Thank you very much.

Luca

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Luca,

Survey123 comes with the 'Builder' level of a developer subscription (see Pricing | ArcGIS for Developers - it's included with the 'ArcGIS Online Organization' component).  Again, if this is for noncommercial purposes, the ArcGIS for Personal Use Program | ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced for Personal Use  would be more appropriate.

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2
Occasional Contributor II

James,

Does a non-profit organization's ArcGIS Online account have access to Survey123? A non-profit group I'm in just purchased a Creator account but I don't think the ArcGIS Online account is set up as an organization, and the account will not sign in for Survey123.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Marvin,

Yes, a non-profit organization ArcGIS Online account has access to Survey123.  If you have a purchased a Creator account, it must be attached to an organization in order to be usable- the easiest way to see the organization is through the customized name in the ArcGIS Online URL, https://<org_name>.maps.arcgis.com  

0 Kudos