Is the Geosearch setting available through Survey123 Connect?

Jump to solution
03-22-2017 08:27 AM
AndrewEdmonds1
New Contributor

This blog post indicates that the Geosearch functionality exists for web browser users of forms authored in the Survey123 Web Designer.

Surveys authored from the Survey123 web site can currently be opened from the Survey123 field app (iOS, Android, Windows...)  as well as from a web browser. If  submitting data from a web browser, geopoint questions will now provide the end-user with an option to center the map at a particular placename or address.

Is there a setting in Survery123 Connect that allows me to configure Geosearch?  I have downloaded a version of Connect today (1.10.43?) and don't see anything obvious.

Thanks.  These forms are really helpful!#

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Currently, the GeoSearch Functionality is not supported in the Survey123 mobile client.  Geosearch is available via both the web clients available for forms authored in the website (released) and surveys authored in Survey123 Connect (in beta; access via the globe icon when preview a survey)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Andrew,

Currently, the GeoSearch Functionality is not supported in the Survey123 mobile client.  Geosearch is available via both the web clients available for forms authored in the website (released) and surveys authored in Survey123 Connect (in beta; access via the globe icon when preview a survey)

0 Kudos
KevinRobert1
New Contributor III

Hi James, 

Is this still the case? Geosearch functionality works from web but not from Survey123 mobile client?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Kevin, yes, geosearch functionality is currently not available in the mobile app.  That being said, it is in the works for our our planned March release; you will soon see a beta available at the Early Adopter Community to test out the functionality.

0 Kudos
AndrewEdmonds1
New Contributor

Thanks, James, just what I needed.

I have noticed that the beta browser form accessed from the globe icon in Connect does not currently honor the InputMask on a couple of fields I have.  Is this to be expected in the beta version?  I can supply you with examples if this is unexpected.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Andrew,

Yes the beta browser does not support the InputMask; that is a feature that wont's be immediately addressed.

0 Kudos