Is it possible to use control z (or other undo method) in Survey123 for ArcGIS

11-23-2016 04:09 PM
TerriSutcliffe1
New Contributor II

While testing a survey in Survey123 for ArcGIS, a user wanted to go back to a text field to fix a small mistake. He accidentally hit the x delete button to the right of the text field (as the text was located very close to this button, it was an easy mistake to make). Sometimes this survey is done on a long traverse and through difficult terrain and the loss of this information could be a real pain if they needed to back track.

Is there currently support for an undo action? My field team uses Samsung Tab S with Android 5.0.2, which has Ctrl key on the keyboard touch. We can use Ctrl + Z in Excel for Android to perform an undo action. This doesn't appear to work in Survey123. Does it work for others? Is there another way of performing the undo action?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. At this moment there is option to do an 'undo' , but it is an excellent suggestion. We would need to think how can enable such behavior across all the different supported platforms. So far we have not considered this need, so thanks for bringing this up.

I regards with the 'clear' button, I created the  poll to measure what others think.

TerriSutcliffe1
New Contributor II

Hi Ismael. Thanks for your quick response! I think changing the behaviour of the clear button would be very helpful for our purpose.

0 Kudos
EricaCirigliano
New Contributor III

@IsmaelChivite 

I realize this is a very old thread, but the accidental deletion of content is an issue for us as well. Since I can't find any documentation for this, I assume there's still no way to disable the "x" button in the text box (which would force the end user to use the backspace button to delete content). Is there a poll I can take to ask for this as a feature?

Thanks,

Erica

0 Kudos
EricaCirigliano
New Contributor III

@DougBrowning 

Do you happen to know the status of this issue? Or any workarounds?

I hope I'm not bothering you, but I'm pretty sure Ismael is busy with other things. It is, after all, International Strange Music Day.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No sorry never seen it mentioned even.  No idea.

0 Kudos