Is it possible to use a repeat with attachments in Survey123?

01-10-2017 01:53 PM
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

If not is this functionality planned for a future release?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

ichivite-esristaff mentions the use of a repeat for photos in this thread: Multiple Photos in Survey123 

Is that what you are looking for?

BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

I think so, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the quick response.

0 Kudos
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

I'm still having issues setting up a repeat with a related table to store multiple images. I have the relationship class built, and have published a feature service with that related table available in the feature service, but when trying to publish my survey from Survey123 connect with the repeat referencing the related table by name I get an error that says the table cannot be found in the feature service.

I am using a feature service published from an ArcGIS Server which is then registered with ArcGIS Online. I am not using a hosted feature service or Portal for ArcGIS. Is this a supported workflow? If so what do I need to do to correctly reference the related table in the repeat of Survey123?

Thank you for your help with this,

0 Kudos
DylanKennard
New Contributor III

Did you ever get this solved?  I am at the same road block currently.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dylan,

This should be possible with Survey123.  Are you creating the XLSForm using the Create New > Feature Service procedure, mentioned by Ismael in Working with existing Feature Services in Survey123 for ArcGIS?

To understand what's going wrong it would help to have the feature service information and XLSForm you are trying to match.

0 Kudos
DylanKennard
New Contributor III

Yes the articles/blogs from Ismael and your feedback on other troubleshooting pages has been amazing BTW.  I think I have read everything multiple times : )

I am getting this error when trying to publish the survey back into Portal using the Feature Service:

I then did some more searching and got to this point: ArcGIS REST API 

I have a developer that can help me but I want to make sure on these "Repeats" I give proper directions to the developer if this fix is correct.  Also I DevOped it via a Survey123 Connector into a Feature Service (Hosting) and pulled down the FGDB to take a look at the relationships.  Below is the FGDB and I have rebuilt the "relationships" within SDE and made said Feature Service which gave me the above warning. I also want to make sure there is not a "data model issue" as when using "make survey from feature service" the images and repeats don't pull in to the Survey123 Connector Form.  Even with other surveys with a simple "attachment" I tested "Image" doesn't pull in.  I had no problem adding "image" in for simple attachments via the Survey123 Connector and successfully loading to SDE but the "repeat photo" data model is a bit more complex with relationships so want to confirm that aspect too is not giving a false warning.  Even though the "repeat" did not pull in for the photos from the Feature Service I just mocked it up in Connector

0 Kudos
DylanKennard
New Contributor III

Ok I moved past that error by following some comments I overlooked on another blog which were:

If un-versioned...enable Archiving...and then create the Feature service using "Sync".  Great tip.  That bypassed development needs and I didn't get blocked by that error.

Now here is my new error : ( 

I have spent hours confirming globalids and relationships. I am trying to get all this done for a Hurricane Harvey construction project and am under major pressure.  If anyone has feedback on this please advise:

This is my data model & relationship class example. Maybe something is wrong in my XLSFORM Spreadsheet?  Searching yields no results on this error. 

0 Kudos
DylanKennard
New Contributor III

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result": I have rebuilt everything from scratch, confirmed relationships, enabled arching, globalids, and sync on the feature class.  I have done nothing but "create a survey from a feature service" and then instantly try to publish the survey from Survey123 Connector and get the below:

We are using latest ArcDesktop; ArcServer (unfederated) with Portal, Latest Survey123, all in Microsoft Azure. I can easily work with a single layer with an attachment, publish and collected photos.  This 2 tier relationship is not working.

My MXD looks like.  The only layer it will not let me pull in is the relationship between SUR_ROOMS_PLUMBING & __ATTACH

The below lets me publish Survery123 to Portal but obviously is not good due to lack of attributes.

This throws me the aforementioned error. I have also removed and tried to publish on every single stand alone "type".  Having a "Type in the repeat is not allowing a publish and is shown the above error.

0 Kudos