Is it possible to Supports ApplyEdits With Global Ids without Archiving Data?

03-02-2021 07:03 AM
FranciscoAndrade1
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to Support ApplyEdits with Global Ids without Archiving the data?

I have tried the following scenario:

- Create the Survey123 form and then after it was created, I removed the archiving from the data. Once the data was no longer achieved, I tried completing a survey record from my inbox and I was unable to complete it due to the data not being archived.

The reason I am looking into this is because when I create a Operations Dashboard the data is being duplicated. Example if a record comes in as unassigned to a field agent and I then I assign it to a field agent the record is now counted twice. Once as unassigned and again as it being assigned.

If the data is not archived, this issue does not happen. 

We are currently using Survey123 to edit the data.

Our current set up is:

- ArcMap 10.6.1

- ArcGIS Server Manger 10.6.1

- Orcaale

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I sounds like when you are assign it to a field agent you are probably doing it with a Survey.  When you do that you create a new row in the survey.  if that is what you are doing you should update in Pro, ArcMap, or a Web App.  You can create a Survey to UPDATE an existing row in a Survey.  Using the same service create a new survey with the same fields, but with out a Repeat Function.  Look at the two links below.  I tried to highlight the differences. You should be able to find the help document.  but this will allow you to update existing rows

arcgis-survey123:///?itemID=<surveynumber>&field:LOCATION={LOCATION}&field:XISSUE={LONGITUD}&field:YISSUE={LATITUDE}&field:LOCDESC_I={NAME}, {FACTYPE}&center={LATITUDE},{LONGITUD}
https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/<surveynumber>?portalUrl=https://maps.<company>:.com/arcgis&mode=edit&&globalId={GLOBALID}&hide=navbar.footer

0 Kudos
FranciscoAndrade1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

In this scenario I am using a webmap app to assign and re-assign the work.

I have also tried doing updates via an Survey123 form just be used for edits and the same issue still occurs.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

did you use the mode=edit clause signifying a releationship between GlobaID

0 Kudos
FranciscoAndrade1
Occasional Contributor

Yes... But my issue is more on when I create the feature class in our SDE.

If I remember the process correctly, I need to archive the data in order for the feature class to be used by Survey123.

Is there a way I can create a feature class in my SDE and be used by Survey123 without having to archive it?

0 Kudos