Is it possible to remove/unregister Survey 123 Replicas?

Jump to solution
03-12-2019 07:22 AM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I have a Survey  that I need to overwrite with an updated form. The problem is that upwards of 100+ people may have the original form downloaded to their phones/tablets. Is it possible to remove/unregister those replicas similar to how you would in a feature service? 

My goal here is to force those users to redownload the survey so they aren't using the old form.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Currently it is not possible to automatically remove the older downloaded surveys from devices, or auto-update them with a new version. The user needs to manually do this process.

We have an open enhancement request to improve survey versioning and auto-updating downloaded surveys. I have added your comments to the related issues. One of the reasons it has not yet been implemented is the fact that users can use surveys offline, come in and out of connectivity, store drafts and access sent items on the device to copy and create new surveys. Therefore if the survey auto-updates or re-downloads without warning, it may make the saved drafts unusable or opening the survey from sent folder not possible due to a schema change in the survey. We need to factor all these scenarios into a possible workflow of how new survey versions are managed, downloaded, updated without causing existing workflows and surveys to be affected.

Phil.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Currently it is not possible to automatically remove the older downloaded surveys from devices, or auto-update them with a new version. The user needs to manually do this process.

We have an open enhancement request to improve survey versioning and auto-updating downloaded surveys. I have added your comments to the related issues. One of the reasons it has not yet been implemented is the fact that users can use surveys offline, come in and out of connectivity, store drafts and access sent items on the device to copy and create new surveys. Therefore if the survey auto-updates or re-downloads without warning, it may make the saved drafts unusable or opening the survey from sent folder not possible due to a schema change in the survey. We need to factor all these scenarios into a possible workflow of how new survey versions are managed, downloaded, updated without causing existing workflows and surveys to be affected.

Phil.

MichaelTorbett

Hey Phil,

Thank you for the reply. That all makes sense and  I certainly appreciate the information. I'll just be sure to press it hard on those who are using the survey that they need to delete and re-download.

Michael 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Just letting you know we have been working on the survey update notifications feature in the latest Survey123 beta builds available on the Early Adopter Community (EAC). The new workflow will now alert the user in the field app when an updated survey is available, and be displayed on the gallery page, download surveys page and when trying to open a survey that has an update. This enables the user to do an update of the survey before proceeding to collect a new survey record.

Please test out the latest 3.9 beta builds and provide any feedback via the EAC user forums for this new feature. You can find the 3.9 beta announcement with details on EAC.

Regards,

Phil.

MichaelTorbett

Hey Philip,

That is great news! This will be a huge help. I will be sure to signup for the beta release and help with the testing. Thank you for working on this and letting me know about it.

Regards,

Michael