Is it possible to QA data with ArcGIS Survey 123?

Jump to solution
06-16-2021 09:57 AM
LuisVargasAlas
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm very interested in use ArcGIS Survey 123 for collecting data and for making QA. I wouldn't want to use an application external than Survey 123 for QA stages.

So, is Survey 123 capable of being that QA application? Could the QA personal receive the 'new' surveys with a filter in an hidden field (that could be named status) and return as 'rejected' to field workers, using the same Suvey123 app, but changing the original form to a revision form as James Tedrick was expalaining in this other post: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/reject-submitted-answers/m-p/1058576#M34650?

And, Is it possible with Survey 123 to copy the answers from the original survey to a revision survey that include the comments fields, or we need to use a script? Could we change the status of a comment field from editable for the QA personal to read only for the field workers in the revision form with some function in Survey 123?

Could you give me some examples or a guidance for do this with Survey 123?

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LuisVargasAlas,

Yes it is possible to use Survey123 for QA workflows as you describe. This can be done by use of the Inbox and configuring queries and using expressions in relevant questions or hidden questions to achieve what you after.

You can also configure different surveys (2 or more) that point to the same data (same feature service) but for each type of user you have a different survey with different questions. This works really well where you don't want the initial user who collects the data to see all the review questions that the QA reviewer or manager completes. The first user just fills in the basic collection data and submits. The QC reviewer then recieves that survey via the Inbox, which uses a where clause query to query only the submitted/for review surveys, when they open that survey it will have additional questions to complete. They can then change the status question to complete, send back to submitter, further manager approval etc.

So using a cobination of hidden, relevant and multiple surveys you can configure very advanced QA workflows using Survey123. We see many customers doing this workflow on a wide range of projects, and it works very well and is successful.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LuisVargasAlas,

Yes it is possible to use Survey123 for QA workflows as you describe. This can be done by use of the Inbox and configuring queries and using expressions in relevant questions or hidden questions to achieve what you after.

You can also configure different surveys (2 or more) that point to the same data (same feature service) but for each type of user you have a different survey with different questions. This works really well where you don't want the initial user who collects the data to see all the review questions that the QA reviewer or manager completes. The first user just fills in the basic collection data and submits. The QC reviewer then recieves that survey via the Inbox, which uses a where clause query to query only the submitted/for review surveys, when they open that survey it will have additional questions to complete. They can then change the status question to complete, send back to submitter, further manager approval etc.

So using a cobination of hidden, relevant and multiple surveys you can configure very advanced QA workflows using Survey123. We see many customers doing this workflow on a wide range of projects, and it works very well and is successful.

Regards,

Phil.

JeffHaney
New Contributor II

This is almost working for me.  The QC form can see all the question responses, but none of the related data such as photos.  Does the Inbox filter not account for related data?

0 Kudos
HamzahIsmail
New Contributor II

Hi Phil,

I hope that you are available to answer me quickly but you mention the where qlause which I am sure is set in the inbox options section in survey123 connect. I have created the two forms, one for inventory and one for qc. Both look at the same feature layer, and both surveys have identical xls form designs at this point. For the QC survey what would be the WHERE clause to set, to allow QC user to only load completed surveys in the QC survey inbox? I have related tables in my survey design, and I am confident that using the allowUpdate in the xls function will successfully pull the related tables data as well. I am also certain that I will then be able to adjust the readonly status of the INV fields for the QC survey form. 

Hoping for a response.

Thank you

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

And to answer your second question, you can chose to edit the selected survey (record) from Inbox, or copy to a new one, and this can be done from both the Inbox and Sent box for existing records.

There is also an option to save favorite answers, and copy them to a new survey, so there are a few ways to copy the answers over from one survey to another, depending on the workflow and what data you want duplicated.

Regards,

Phil.

LuisVargasAlas
New Contributor II

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply. It is going to help me very much.

Best regards,

Luis