Select to view content in your preferred language

Is it possible to merge feature reports for multiple records when generated in Power Automate?

3 weeks ago
CarlisleHaworth1
New Contributor III

When a feature report is generated on the Survey123 management site, there is an output setting that allows reports for multiple records to be split into multiple documents or merged into one:

CarlisleHaworth1_0-1719950812242.png

However, in the Generate Report action in Power Automate, that setting isn't available or it's at least not obvious. I'm setting up a scheduled flow to run once a week on all records submitted the prior 7 days and would like to merge them into a single document. Is this possible with the Survey123 connector or are there any simple workarounds?

@IsmaelChivite 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

I believe that this is not an option in the power automate action.

I was able to implement as an http action using a POST request:

Report | ArcGIS Survey123 REST

It has a paramater for merge:

mergeFilesfalseSpecify if print multiple records into a single report file (merged mode) or multiple files (split mode), and if in merge mode, start the next record on a new page or continue with the current page. Note: A merged file larger than 500MB will be split into mulitple files.
  • none: Print multiple records in split mode, each record becomes a separated report file. This is the default value if mergeFiles is not specified in the request.
  • nextPage: Print multiple records in merge mode, the content of the next record starts on the next new page.
  • continuous: Print multiple records in merge mode, the content of the next record starts on the same page of the previous record.
0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

you could potentially use a summary/report query to accomplish similar though.

Report queries—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation

0 Kudos
CarlisleHaworth1
New Contributor III

Clay, can you share how and where you added this POST request to your flow? Is it an additional step to the usual flow that creates a report or does it replace something? 

thanks! 

0 Kudos