Is it possible to edit repeats on a submitted survey created from an existing feature service?

10-14-2019 07:07 AM
HECAdmin
New Contributor III

When I create a new survey and publish it to ArcGIS online, I am able to edit repeats in that survey [after it has been submitted]. However, when I publish a feature service from ArcMap to ArcGIS online (we do this through ArcGIS Rest API), I am unable to edit repeats in the submitted survey. In other words, surveys with hosted feature layers on ArcGIS online allow edits to repeats on submitted surveys. If the feature layer is not hosted in ArcGIS online, I am unable to edit submitted surveys with repeats. Is this a known restriction or bug for Survey123? This survey must be completed through the web, not the app.

Here are some examples below:

Below is the error message I receive when I try to edit repeats on a submitted survey that is not a hosted feature service

When I create and publish a survey from an existing feature service, it creates a folder containing a web map and the survey form. This is the one I am not able to edit repeats on.

For this survey, I am able to edit repeats after it has been submitted. This was created from a new survey. 

Thank you

-Abby 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This my be caused by the geodatabase relationship in your feature feature layer.

For Survey123 to be able to work with related records, you need to make sure:

* Both the parent and child tables/layers have their own GlobalID field

* The gdb relationship (1 to many) will be set using the GlobalID field in the parent layer and a new field of type GUID in the child layer/table.

When Connect creates the hosted layer we make sure the above is true.  When you build a survey on top of your own feature layer then you need to validate the above yourself.

More info here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/17/how-to-turn-supportsapplyeditswithgloabl... 

HECAdmin
New Contributor III

Ismael,

Both my parent and child tables/layers have their own GlobalID field. My geodatabase relationship was 1 to many. Initially I set the relationship between the parent and child layer/table to GUID for both. I made the change to have the parent layer set to GlobalID and the child table to GUID. However, I recieved a different error this time:

would you like me to send over the excel spreadsheet and link associated with the survey?

0 Kudos