Is it possible? Summary display of repeat collected values

08-14-2019 01:20 PM
ChrisWoodward
New Contributor III

Is there a way to capture a value within a group (like for a reservoir sampling team collecting water temperature values at predetermined water depths) then to display each individual value outside the repeated group? The real trick is I don't know how many total depths will be collected and since it is a group, the temperature values all have the same field name. 

Example below and attached. Thanks in advance. Example of a repeat with summary and display of values collected from within the repeat.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I have the same question; I know how to get the select_multiple list_name, as shown, but I'm wanting to know how to configure checking the "Bench" on, and then entering a quantity, "2"? 

0 Kudos
ChrisWoodward
New Contributor III

Hey Mellor, John‌, I believe you'll need a second field to capture the quantity of items needed. You could make the quantities needed field to only be active if something is checked. 

Unfortunately this doesn't answer my question though...

James Tedrick‌ - do you know how to do this?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

You may want to look at the join() function - you can place text together with arbitrary text:

join(',', ${question_in_repeat})

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you are just wanting to show the values and "not store" them within the Hosted feature service then you might be able to use a note field that contains the concatenation of the depth and the value recorded. I thought I would be able to use the once() to count how many repeat records there were, but it is not functioning the way I thought. 

I have attached something that works, but we need to figure out how to prevent the note calculation from being reset once a new value has been entered.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Add a record count field that builds your text in the repeat - it can be hidden.  So then you can do concat("TemP", $RecCount,$Temp).

Then outside the repeat do a join($hiddentextfield, ", ").  It will then read Temp 1 25, Temp 2 35, etc.  Not sure if you can do a join with a newline?  So something like join($hiddentextfield, "\n")

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That sounds like it will work...I had a few minutes to kill before leaving work and tried to come up with the answer in those few minutes. 

I guess if you wanted then you get a little fancy, add in a note question, then format the join to contain html line breaks (should allow for the information to appear in the manner discussed) and have this hidden question referenced within the "label" of the note question. This will allow for an infinite (given you set the text field lengths to a very large value within the 'bind::esri:fieldLength") number of temperature reading to be shown within the main portion of the form.

The attached form will display the Sample Depth with the temperature reading for the depth defined.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a screenshot (hopefully it comes through) of what it should look like.