Iphone (IOS version 12.1.1) has Survey123 field app installed but can´t login to our Portal Enterprise 10.4

12-18-2018 09:10 AM
MauricioCorrea_da_Silva
New Contributor II

Hi.

I wonder if anybody could help me.

Iphone (IOS version 12.1.1) has Survey123 field app installed but can´t login to our Portal Enterprise 10.4

It doesn´t respond.

They worked OK for a long time. My coworkers and I could collect data several times without having any problems. Now I can´t do it. Mobile devices that run Android are working ok with several data collected normally and sent to our portal.

But the iphone, doesn´t even log to our portal.

Can you help me ??

Mauricio Correa da Silva 

Campo Grande - Brazil

0 Kudos
10 Replies
EdwardGause
New Contributor III

Hey, we had similar problem when our iPhones and Andriod phones would VPN to our network and hit the Portal for ArcGIS.  I believe Android and Windows devices can get location of proxy server from our network, but iPhone can not.  With Windows and Android you can also force the location of the proxy server if it doesn't get it automatically from the network, again iPhone did not allow this.   We are looking at replacing our Proxy Server to work around this issue, but I don't know the details because I am not in our Network Administration group or our Security group.  Hope this little bit more information helps you!

Robert “Edward” Gause, GISP | Director of Information Services | HTC | p 843-369-8483 | www.htcinc.net | This is life. Connet with it.
MauricioCorrea_da_Silva
New Contributor II

Hi Edward. 

Sorry it took me so long to answer you. I was on vacation and returned to work yesterday.

During my vacation, my workmate identified that it´s necessary to install certificates in the mobile devices.

After we did this, the mobile devices (either ANDROID or IPHONE) with Survey123 installed, were able to connect to our 10.4 Portal normally.

Now we are using the field app normally.

Thanks for your help.

Mauricio.

0 Kudos
HobbieRegan
New Contributor II

We are in the same boat, but can get collector and every other app to sign in other than survey123.

MauricioCorrea_da_Silva
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
MauricioCorrea_da_Silva
New Contributor II

Hi Hobbie. 

Sorry it took me so long to answer you. I was on vacation and returned to work yesterday.

During my vacation, my workmate identified that it´s necessary to install certificates in the mobile devices.

After we did this, the mobile devices (either ANDROID or IPHONE) with Survey123 installed, were able to connect to our 10.4 Portal normally.

Thanks for your help.

Mauricio.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mauricio,

Are you still experiencing the issue of being unable to sign into a 10.4 portal from iOS device with 12.1.1? What version of the field app are you using? I tested this with our 10.4 Portal and a iOS device with 12.1.1 and 12.1.2  with app 3.1 and both working as expected. Can you try upgrade the iOS device to 12.1.2 and try again?

Also, are you able to sign into this Portal from other devices such as Android or Windows, or other iOS devices?

And can you provide more details on your Portal setup, what type of security and authentication, do you use VPN or is it publicly facing, does it work on internal network, etc?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MauricioCorrea_da_Silva
New Contributor II

Hi Philip. 

Thanks for your help.

Mauricio.

0 Kudos
TonyaPrine
New Contributor

Hi, we can get it to work on our Android devices but not on our iOS devices.  What certificates are you referring for those?

Thanks,

Tonya

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tonya,

The certificates mentioned above are likely Enterprise SSL certificates.  Another issue is that Survey123 on iOS requires TLS 1.2; you may need to check the web adaptor's web server to make sure it supports that protocol. 

0 Kudos