iOS Attempts to Select Multiple Photos

Jump to solution
02-03-2021 09:46 AM
Josh_Ittenbach
New Contributor III

I've got a user who was recently switched over to an iPhone XR (iOS 14.3) from Android and is running into a strange error when attempting to attach photos from the camera roll in version 3.11.164 of the field app.

The first time after launching "select image from photos" he's encountering this warning:

S123PhotoSelectionError.png

It appears that a photo is already selected. After clearing the selection he can attach a photo but attempting to attach a second photo fails without an error and the warning above doesn't appear. I'm guessing this may be because the phone now has two photos selected and Survey123 is preventing the attachment of multiple photos.

I've published a new survey which exhibits the same behavior on this device but I am unable to reproduce the behavior on other devices.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? Is there something that needs to be reset in iOS to fix this? Or could this be related to his copy of the field app?

Thanks,

Josh Ittenbach

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Ittenbach
New Contributor III

I found the error.

Privacy settings had been restricted to allow selected photos only. This setting is found under Settings -> Privacy -> Photos -> Survey123.

PrivacySetting.png

Changing that to all photos corrected the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Josh_Ittenbach
New Contributor III

I found the error.

Privacy settings had been restricted to allow selected photos only. This setting is found under Settings -> Privacy -> Photos -> Survey123.

PrivacySetting.png

Changing that to all photos corrected the issue.

0 Kudos