Invalid Shape Extents when editing in Inbox

Jump to solution
08-03-2017 12:11 PM
SarahButler
New Contributor II

I have a survey that worked perfectly last week.  I published a web layer from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online.  I created a survey in Survey123 with the Inbox mode enabled.  In Survey123, I was able to load my data into the inbox.  But now when I try to edit it and load the existing data I get the error Code 1000 Invalid column name 'Shape__Extents'.

Any ideas of why this started happening and how to fix it?  I do not have any columns called Shape__Extents in my data, so this must be something Survey123 is creating?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that's exactly what I was asking for.  Using the Full Extent, it looks like it's designed to cover the following area or so (the Full Extent provided essentially a lower left and upper right coordinate for a box):

Are the points being submitted within this box (the boundaries shown aren't exact, so if they're close to the line, they might be out)

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Sarah,

Can you provide a few more details?  Are these point features or line/polygon features?  Can you share the XLSForm?

0 Kudos
SarahButler
New Contributor II

Hi James,

They are point features.  Attached is my form

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Sarah,

Thanks.  I don't see anything wrong in your form.  I'm thinking there might be something a little quirky with the feature service.  When you published it from Pro, did it have any data in it?  Can you go to the Item Details page and open up the URL for the service and see what the initial and full extents are listed as (as an example, http://services5.arcgis.com/jMCHJcLe13FaKCFB/arcgis/rest/services/survey123_97795a222f98497581a6ec71... of an extent for the whole world) ?  I'm wondering if this is the web equivalent of "not within feature class bounds" issue that occasionally appears in Desktop.

0 Kudos
SarahButler
New Contributor II

Yes, there was data in there when I published it.  I mostly want to use the survey on existing data to see which sites our crews are going to visit each day.  

Here is the URL for the service:

https://services1.arcgis.com/gGHDlz6USftL5Pau/arcgis/rest/services/PDXNSurvey/FeatureServer

Initial Extent: 

XMin: 406377.047007373

YMin: 5116015.72906399

XMax: 717157.728471837

YMax: 5194613.52428691

Spatial Reference: 26910

Full Extent: 

XMin: 420503.4416

YMin: 5052704.8951

XMax: 703031.3339

YMax: 5173494.2178

Spatial Reference: 26910

Is this what you are asking for?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, that's exactly what I was asking for.  Using the Full Extent, it looks like it's designed to cover the following area or so (the Full Extent provided essentially a lower left and upper right coordinate for a box):

Are the points being submitted within this box (the boundaries shown aren't exact, so if they're close to the line, they might be out)

SarahButler
New Contributor II

Ah yes, some of the points are outside of the box.  I tried to change the extent of the feature service, but then then my survey wouldn't work at all anymore, so I started over.  I re-published my points in Pro.  It seems that ArcGIS Pro publishes an area that is a little smaller than the actual range of my points.  I'm not sure how to get Pro to publish a larger extent.  I made the extent of my service a little larger once it was published, and then created the survey.  It all seems to be working again.Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

Hi James, 

We are also experiencing this error with one of our surveys that uses the Inbox. The feature layer was created when the survey was published from Survey123 Connect and the extents are as follows:

Initial Extent: 

XMin: -180

YMin: -90

XMax: 180

YMax: 90

Spatial Reference: 4326

Full Extent: 

XMin: -180

YMin: -90

XMax: 180

YMax: 90

Spatial Reference: 4326

Do you have any suggestions for resolving this errror? 

Thanks very much,

Brittney

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Brittney,

Just to confirm, you are getting this error message in addition to the error code (the error code is a generic value that several errors can share)?  I don't think it's necessarily relevant, but can you share the survey XLS?

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

I am getting the same error message, [{"code":1000,"description":"Invalid column name 'Shape__Extents'.","tableId":0}].

What is the easiest way for me to send the XLS file to you? It is a very simple survey, no repeats, external or cascading selects, or even any images.

Brittney

0 Kudos