Integromat / Survey123 Webhook Creation Error "Remote procedure timed out"

12-04-2019 02:01 PM
SatoruKuwabara
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have started to have this issue since a few days back.

Whenever I try to create a new webhook on Survey123 (Enterprise), it comes back with an error saying "Remote procedure timed out"

It connects to the portal fine and the list of surveys pop up, but not succeeding at connecting to the survey.

It works for the other survey forms which already had a webhook set up from months ago but not for the new ones.

Integromat / Survey123 webhook creation error "remote procedure timed out"

I checked the survey on survey123 website (Enterprise) and I could see that Integromat did succeed in creating webhook as pictured below but I cannot create/delete/edit it.

Survey123 Enterprise cannont create/delete/edit webhooks

Since the survey123 website is having troubles with creating/editing/deleting webhooks I feel like this is a Survey123 problem, not Integromat's???

I have tried republishing the survey with the newest version, recreating the survey completely, deleting/reconnecting to the portal, but none of these cracked it. So I am now completely lost here...

Is there anyone here having a similar problem?

I would much appreciate it if I could get some help.

Cheers,

Satoru

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Satoru,

It appears that the issue is with Survey123's API attempt to add the webhook configuration; given that you actually see the configuration, the issue may be in getting a successful response from the ArcGIS Enterprise.  Could I ask that you file a support ticket to better diagnose this?

AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Were you able to get any further info from Support on this?  I am facing the same issue.

-Andrew

0 Kudos
SatoruKuwabara
New Contributor II

Hi Andrew,

Not yet, we sent a request around the end of last year. Local service provider in NZ said they would look into it but heave not heard from them since then.

I might give it a try on MS Flow and see how that goes..

Satoru

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

I have submitted a Ticket with support regarding this.  I'm awaiting a reply.  I will post any findings.

CarbonCounty_Utah
New Contributor III

Andrew Bowne Satoru Kuwabara

Were either of you able to figure out what was causing this error? I am trying to setup integromat with Survey123 on ArcGIS Enterprise and am getting the same error. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

Are you referencing a large Tile Layer Package when you upload your survey from 123 Connect?   That was my issue.  There was a timeout when Integromat was trying to communicate with Survey123.  I was able to work with Esri to track down my TPK as the culprit.  My workaround is as follows:

• Publish my survey from 123Connect WITHOUT my TPK
  • Create the webhook in Integromat to the survey.  (this worked for me when NOT including the TPK)
  • Upload the TPK using 123Connect.

Once you have created the webhook in Integromat to your survey you should be good to go.  If you need to make any changes or edit your webhook, you have to re-publish the survey without the TPK.  Make your edits, then republish.  This is what worked for me.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Andrew

0 Kudos
CarbonCounty_Utah
New Contributor III

Andrew Bowne

Thanks for the response. I tried creating the webhook again today with no changes to the survey and it worked for some reason. But I will keep this information in mind in the future if I have another issue.

0 Kudos
SatoruKuwabara
New Contributor II

Hi Carbon County Utah‌, I have not gone any further really after asking the question here. We have moved back to ArcGIS Online and everything is working well.

Awesome work Andrew Bowne, good to know you have solved your problem. Mine didn't have any large TPK files so I do not believe it was the problem for us. 

Regards,

Satoru 

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

Do you have any other large files as part of your S123 configuration?  Like, maybe a large graphic that is part of your survey? (check items that are in the /media/ folder).  The crux of the issue is that there seems to be a timeout in the communication between the Survey123 site and Integromat.  Try tracing the traffic with Fiddler and see if you can sniff out any network bottlenecks.

-Andrew

0 Kudos