Integer startup url parameter formatting causing trouble in iOS

Jump to solution
07-06-2018 12:37 AM
JosteinSvegården1
Esri Contributor

I launch Survey123 from Collector with this url passing an objectnumber into Survey123 with the url:

href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=985fc4058b6d3dd3a491&field:OBJECTNUMBER={OBJECTNUMBER}

This OBJECTNUMBER is an integer, and is passed into a field in my survey that is of type esriFieldTypeInteger.

Problem: In iOS, this integer is formatted with a space as thousands separator inside the field in Survey123. When the survey is submitted, it seems that this formatted integer is not recognized as an integer by the feature service. No error message is given, but no value is written into this field. In Survey123 on Windows, this formatting does not occur, and everything works. 

Is there a way to avoid this happening in iOS?

13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Do any of the values pass into the new survey via the custom URL? What is the exact error you are seeing or missing data?

Phil.

0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Phil,

Here is a screen shot of what i get with Method #1Method #2 with collector is now working.  It was likely the thousands separator issue.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Sorry the delay in getting back to you. I had a look at your surveys and the way you have designed your custom url scheme to transfer values from one survey to another. Currently what you are seeing is the expected behaviour. The custom URL scheme was originally designed for passing data between different apps or from web maps or websites to an app etc, not specifically for passing values from one survey to another inside the same app.

Therefore the values can not be dynamically added to the custom url scheme based on another question in the same survey and passed to a new survey. Currently on the geopoint values and static vales will work. This is why you see the {Location_ID} being passed over and not the actual value from that question.

This is something we are looking to enhance in the future, but for not it will not work.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

I was not.  I will update and try again.

Josh

0 Kudos