Input mask displays hubErrCheck.inputFormatInvalid in web form

10-05-2021 06:26 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Survey Connect v3.13.234

hubErrCheck.inputFormatInvalid is the error that displayed under the question for a phone number in the web form that uses an input mask. I added label::Español (es) to this question for Phone number. Switching between English or Spanish in the web form displays the same error. This error doesn't appear in the Field app.

inputmask error spanish.JPG

inputmask error.JPG

In a copy of this survey, that only uses English, this error does not display in the web form

inputmask no error.JPG

typenamelabel::English (en)hintlabel::Español (es)body::esri:inputMask
textcontact_phonePhone Teléfono(999) 999-9999
15 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike,

I can't seem to repro the issue you described. When changing the survey language to Spanish, I didn't see the error you pointed out.

ShwujingJeng_0-1633474926616.png

Could you double check the version setting in the web app to make sure the web app is using the version you publish from Connect?

ShwujingJeng_1-1633474995175.png

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

It is the same version. I see the error regardless if I'm displaying English or Spanish. I will open a ticket with ESRI support

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Did you get anywhere with ESRI support on this? I'm having the same issue.  Very odd, because it just started happening today, with a form that was created last week.  No issue last week.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brant,

What version of Connect did you use to create and publish the survey with? And what browser did you see the error? Did the error occur when the form locale change or with the default English locale?

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Version 3.13.251 of Connect.  I'm seeing the error in Mozilla, Chrome, and Edge.  Safari on iPhone is not showing the error.  I added the locale/language columns for English and Spanish as one of my first steps creating the form, and didn't notice the "hubErrCheck.inputFormatInvalid" error message until a couple of days ago. 

I don't think it has anything to do with the locale/language feature in survey123, but I'll try removing those columns and see if that solves anything. Nevermind... I just removed the language columns, and the error went away, and it says "Input format not satisfied" like it should, when a user begins filling in the masked field.

By the way, is there a way to customize the error message for input mask?

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Just started adding back in my language columns one-by-one.  Added in columns for label::English (en) and hint::English (en) and the error didn't return.  Added in columns for label::Español (es) and hint::Español (es) and the error didn't return.  As soon as I added in any characters/values for spanish label and hint, in the row where my input mask is set, the error returns.

Thanks for looking into this @Shwu-jingJeng 

It would be nice if the input mask error message would display whatever text is populated in constraint_message column, rather than "Input format not satisfied"

Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brant,

I was able to repro the error message only when there is no "label" column in the form. In both your and Mike's XLSForm, the default langauge was set to "label::English (en)" instead of "label" column. This results in the error message of "hubErrCheck.inputFormatInvalid" showing on the webform.

I will submit an internal issue for this but also encourage you to contact Support service to log a salesforce issue.

Regarding to the constrint_message to replace the default "Input format not satified" message, that was an interesting idea. The default "Input format not satisfied" message is an inline validation error message which checking the format with the input mask setting while the contraint_message check whether the input value meet the contraint or not when submitting the survey. Those two messages handle in different way. You may log an enhancement request for that but in the meantime, you could consider using Hint or guidance hint to customize the informative message to your submitter. Please see the online documentation for this:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformmultiplelanguagesupport.htm

Thank for reporting the issues and the suggestion.

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Shwu-jingJeng, appreciate you digging into this.

I'm not sure I understand what you were talking about regarding default language set to "label::English (en)".  Are you just saying that this is where the bug is coming into play?  My default language is set to "English (en)" and there is no 'label' column in my XLS, since it was replaced with 'label::English (en)' and 'label::Español (es)'.

Either way, sounds like this is a bug, and Mike got it logged.  So that's great!

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brant,

The default "label" column can be seen in all XLSForm template when you tried to create a new survey in Connect. If using the "label" column, you won't see that "hubErrCheck.inputFormatInvalid" error on webform. The error will only show when you don't have the "labe" only column in the form and changed to "label::langauge (xx)." 

ShwujingJeng_0-1642208678539.png

ShwujingJeng_1-1642208835295.png

0 Kudos